A man is dead after a chemical disaster occurred in the Buffalo Wild Wings area on Thursday in Burlington, Massachusetts.
A restaurant employee was taken to hospital after being "exposed to a strong cleaning agent" and died shortly thereafter, according to a statement from the Burlington Fire Department. The worker told firefighters who arrived at the scene that he was experiencing nausea after breathing vapors.
"Anyone who was at the restaurant at the time and believes that he or she may be affected by the incident should seek medical treatment immediately," the department said.
John M. Gilfoil, spokesman for the fire department, said on Twitter that eight others were seeking treatment at the hospital, six patrons and two employees.
The building was evacuated around 6:00 PM. local time due to a front row Hazmat incident, according to NBC Boston.
The Burlington Fire Department said in a statement that there was no active threat to public safety and that the investigation was ongoing. The department added that the federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration was notified of the incident.
It's an evolving story.