From understanding the map, earning bonus points, using vehicles in your favor to draining hordes, and even completing side activities like Dragon Relic, we’ve covered you in our complete guide to success in the latest zombie mode, Outbreak.
- Look for the star icon on your map, as this shows your main goal – which can be one of the five possible goals. Without completing the main goal, you will not be able to move to the next region.
- It’s easy to get caught unprepared in Outbreak, so make full use of your available field upgrades. Although a bunch of these special abilities are offered, we found that Healing Aura Tier III – especially as you upgrade its various levels – will be an essential ability for your team. It will not only revive all your fallen teammates, but it will also heal you.
- With some ammunition? Look for the marker icons that appear on your mini-card to find cartridge cases around the card.
- Don’t be afraid to forge things! Teams with different charges have been shown to be much more successful than others using the same weapons, charges, and field enhancements.
- Don’t underestimate any zombies that walk around, because more often than not, a zombie that you choose to keep alive while you continue to explore nearby buildings or while using a Pack-a-Punch or Arsenal Machine-like one will eventually be yours. death. As these unique zombies manage to reconnect with a flock, you will be surprised how easy it is to be caught unprepared and swarmed quickly.
Melee zombies during early difficulty levels for bonus points
Similar to the standard zombie mode, Outbreak offers additional zombie grinding points; although it’s not a huge bonus, any extra points on first start-up will help you unlock upgrades faster.
Keep in mind that Zombie knives are not necessarily an effective strategy after the second difficulty, unless you have managed to earn enough points to justify piercing a green battle knife or rarity. While with the upgrade you will be able to shoot most enemies, you will fight against Elite and Special Zombies, which are becoming much more common.
Alternatively, if you need to use a weapon, try to focus on photos of the head, as they will earn you extra points.
Teamwork makes the dream work
Success in Outbreak comes down to teamwork. Without communication, your team will be quickly surpassed and meeting goals will become significantly more difficult than necessary.So, if you’re playing with a random team or even a group of friends, be sure to speak up and start making coordinated calls that include asking for help, calling for prey, side activities, and more.
If you are struggling to succeed with random teams when your friends are not online, we recommend that you stick to the special Outbreak solo playlist. This will not only allow you to get some much-needed practices, but will also make your overall experience easier.
Rob everything possible
Do not rush to rush into different worlds, as you will benefit greatly from sticking to and looting the different areas that each card has to offer. This will become quite clear when you start researching each map, as you will begin to find hidden chests of loot in buildings and other random places that contain everything from rare weapons, rescues, ammunition, armor and even supplies.Although these chests of loot are not marked on your mini-card, they can be found by listening to a rattling noise followed by children’s laughter. If you can hear this noise, it will mean that prey with prey can be found somewhere nearby.
These chests come in different levels of rarity, so don’t be surprised if you have to look a little before you come across rarer chests.
Buy armor as soon as possible
As you start to open more and more prey, you will quickly start collecting a very impressive rescue collection. You will want to make full use of this scrap by purchasing armor from Arsenal machines, which you can find throughout the map.
These machines are red and gray in color and feature a permanent mannequin that carries armor. As you progress through the waves and different regions, the game will begin to increase significantly in difficulty and armor will be a must if you plan to survive.
The bumper is not the only upgrade you can buy, as you can also buy damage from weapons that we have found to be more powerful than weapon packaging. Although armor should always be your top priority, we would definitely recommend that you upgrade your weapon damage once you have enough points to save.
Vehicles are not just for travel from point A to point B.
While vehicles like the Sedan and Light Truck will make exploring the big maps of Outbreak much easier, they are also extremely useful for dropping hordes of zombies. Although they will eventually be damaged over time, finding a new vehicle for you and your team should not be a big hassle, as we have found that they appear quite often in the various maps.Plus, if you need to take down at least 100 zombies with your car, you’ll complete the Dark Ops challenge. If you complete all nine challenges, you will unlock a unique plan for an epic “Gray Matter” sniper rifle.
For more details on how to unlock each of Dark Ops’ 9 challenges in Outbreak, see our full guide below: