Home https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ US https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ 2 killed, 2 wounded in a shooting at the Nebraska Sonic Drive-In

2 killed, 2 wounded in a shooting at the Nebraska Sonic Drive-In



Two people were killed and two others were injured in a shooting in Bellevue, Nebraska, Sonic Drive-In on Saturday, according to police.

Officers received a call Saturday night, just before 9:30 p.m., about a possible bomb in a truck at the restaurant, police said in a statement. The call was later updated to reflect that a shooting had occurred.

When police responded, they found the four victims of a gunshot wound, according to a statement issued by the Bellevue City Police Department.

Two victims were pronounced dead at the scene. Two others were taken to the University of Nebraska Medical Center for treatment. Their conditions are unknown.

The suspect, Roberto Carlos Silva Jr., 23, was arrested and booked in Sarpi County Jail on two counts of first-degree murder and arson count, the Bellevue police said in a press release.

Silva was recently arrested after allegedly stealing someone’s identity and using it to buy food from the same Sonic where the shooting took place, police said in a press release.

On Wednesday, Silva was reportedly accused of identity theft after ordering food from the Sonic app. Police were called and while Silva tried to leave the area, officers stopped traffic.

At the time, Silva was arrested on suspicion of identity theft and taken to Sarfi County Jail. At that time, three firearms were found and registered as evidence. It was not immediately clear whether the firearms had been returned to Silva or whether those firearms had been used in Saturday’s shooting.

It was not immediately clear if Silva had a lawyer, and NBC News was unable to contact him for comment.

“We are stunned and saddened by what happened on Saturday night in Bellevue, NE, SONIC. Our heartfelt condolences are expressed to the franchise owner and the families and friends affected by this horrific tragedy,” a Sonic Drive-In spokesman said. “The franchisee works with law enforcement while they investigate the matter.”

The four victims have not yet been identified while awaiting family notice, the press release said.

Police said there was currently no additional information to be disseminated. Sonic Drive-In said it would not comment further.

According to officials, the investigation into the shooting continues.




Source link