Home https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ Entertainment https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ 20 women accuse “Doctor Who” actor Noel Clark of sexual misconduct

20 women accuse “Doctor Who” actor Noel Clark of sexual misconduct



In the damn new Guardian exposition, “Doctor Who” and “Kidulthood” actor Noel Clark is accused of sexually abusing 20 women. In response, the British Academy of Film and Television Arts terminated the British actor’s membership.

Charges against the actor-producer include “sexual harassment, unwanted touching or touching, inappropriate sexual behavior and comments on the set, professional misconduct, taking and sharing sexually explicit photos and videos without consent and harassment between 2004 and 2019,” the newspaper said. .

Earlier this month, BAFTA presented Clark, 45, with the prestigious award for outstanding British contribution to cinema. The award was reportedly the last straw for many of his accusers, who have since gone public with allegations of abuse of power in the industry to repeatedly harass his colleagues, according to the Guardian.

Clark categorically denied the allegations, and BAFTA acknowledged that it had received anonymous advice on the allegations, but insisted it did not have enough evidence to investigate.

“We have not been sent any first-hand allegations. Names, times, dates, performances or other details have never been provided, “the academy told CNN. “We are very sorry that the women felt unable to provide us with the first-hand testimonials that have now appeared in The Guardian … If we had received this, we would never have presented the Noel Clark Award.”

;

Clark flatly denied any allegations made to him by the Guardian, only admitting that he had once made inappropriate comments about a prosecutor, which he said he later apologized for.

“In my 20-year career, I have put inclusion and diversity at the forefront of my work and I have never filed a complaint against me,” he said in a statement. “If anyone who has worked with me has ever felt uncomfortable or disrespected, I sincerely apologize. I categorically deny any sexual misconduct or wrongdoing and intend to defend myself against these false allegations. “

Noel Clark denied the allegations and said he would
Noel Clark denied the allegations and said he would “seek professional help”.
Sky UK Limited / The CW

Clark’s office did not immediately return The Post’s request for comment.

On Friday, the actor told the Associated Press that he was “seeking professional help” in a separate statement.

“I categorically deny any sexual offense or crime. However, recent reports have made it clear to me that some of my actions have affected people in ways I did not intend or realize. I deeply regret these people. “I will seek professional help to train myself and change for the better,” Clark told the AP.

In response to the Guardian article, BAFTA issued a statement that they “stopped” his honorary award.

“In light of the Guardian’s piece, which provided Bafta with detailed reports for the first time outlining serious allegations about Noel Clark’s conduct, we immediately suspended Noel Clark’s award and membership until further notice,” the statement said.


Source link