HARISBURG, Pennsylvania (WTAJ) – The Pennsylvania Department of Health confirmed 6,778 new cases of COVID-19 yesterday, resulting in a total of 302,564 states.
According to the DOH, 112 additional deaths related to COVID-19 were reported, resulting in a total of 9,801.
To date, 3,162 patients have been hospitalized and 661 patients are in the COVID-19 intensive care unit.
Sixty-five percent of Pennsylvania cases are considered recovered from COVID-19.
Today, our central region has 658 new cases. This leads to our total value of 1
The breakdown by district is below:
There are 2,668,676 individuals who have had a negative PCR test so far. The age division is as follows:
- Approximately 1% are aged 0-4 years;
- Almost 3% are between 5 and 12 years old;
- Nearly 6% are aged between 13 and 18;
- Approximately 13% are between 19 and 24 years old;
- Nearly 37% are between 25 and 49 years old;
- Approximately 21% are between the ages of 50 and 64; and
- Almost 20% are aged 65 or over.
Since the beginning of the pandemic, 31,548 cases of COVID-19 and 6,357 cases among employees have been registered in nursing homes, a total of 37,905 in 1,207 individual facilities in 63 counties. Of our total deaths, 6,266 occurred among residents of nurses or from personal care.
Approximately 13,968 of our total cases are among health workers.