Only heads guys, there are some pretty graphic images here – so if you have a sensitive stomach or are a little squeaky, you might want to skip this.
In a post shared on Facebook, Ethan Landers says he rushed to the emergency room after being burned on his wrist.
In his post, he claims to have fallen asleep when he woke up "in a panic" with "burning his wrist".
He went on: " Quickly I understood my Fitbit Forests up, so With several unsuccessful attempts, I jumped out of bed and turned the light on where my wife was able to unbutton my Fitbit.
"I felt like melted through my arm. Smoke was coming out of Fitbit's battery and our bedroom smelled of electric fire. We called a nurse to see if we needed to see each other, and she told us we should go to the surgery because the wound is white and already blisters.
"In surgery, they cleaned the wound, took X-rays to make sure there was no residue in my hand, and then referred me to a wound clinic.
" When I was seen at the wound clinic, they informed me it was a third degree burn. At my next appointment, they will determine if I need a skin graft. "
He says he's left" feeling unwell "in part of his wrist because of his maintenance of "nerve damage" and believes he will be marked for life. " He ended his post by stating that it was a" traumatic experience. "
Alongside the publication, which has since been shared thousands of times, he uploaded photos showing a nasty-looking burn of his wrist.
A Fitbit spokesman told LADbible: "Our customers' health and safety is our top priority and we take Mr Landers' report very seriously. We have spoken with Mr Landers and are actively investigating this issue.
“Fitbit products are designed and manufactured to strict standards and subjected to extensive internal and external testing to ensure the safety of our users. Consumers who have any concerns about their device should reach [email protected] "
On its site, Fitbit tells users to take down their watch if they experience any unusual sensations, saying:" If you feel sore, numb, numb, burning or stiffness in your hands or wrists, until or after wearing the product, please discontinue use immediately. "
It continues to warn users not to try to remove the battery, wet it, expose it to extreme high or low temperatures, or use charging cords that you are not certified yet. You can find out more still and I don't want you here if you want.