Tuolumne County Public Health
Sonora, Calif. – Tuolumne County Public Health announced today that a new Tuolumne County resident has been identified with the coronavirus and is being isolated. The seven are no longer in isolation and are listed as restored. One person has been reassigned to his district of residence, and the case counts the same as yesterday. Residents of Tuolumne tested 7,876, positive 1
The number of new cases in the last 14 days qualifies Tuolumne County as California’s “watch list” as details here. The current rate is 105.06 per 100,000, which continues to exceed the level of 100 per 100,000 for the county’s state data monitoring program. No action will be taken until Tuolumne County is officially on the list and goes through the established process with the state. More information about the schools in Tuolumne County is here.
Details on new cases of coronavirus in Calaveras are here. Amador also reports that it continues to monitor an increasing number of cases of COVID-19. There have been 18 additional cases since Friday, with a total of 89. Amador has not yet made the watch list. The counties in the watchlist are indicated by an asterisk in the diagrams below.
||Active||Date||New today||Hospital / ICU|
|St. Joaquin *||1813||7/28||248||233/75|
||Restored (new)||Overall positive results||Death cases|
|Wood *||925 (58)||1841||23|
|Merced *||2,154 (+101)||3763||29|
|Mono *||53 (4)||118||1|
|St. Joaquin *||4,035 (+135)||10923||133|
|Stanislav *||7,054 (+255)||8288||98|
|Tuolumne *||112 (+7)||131||2|
Tuolumne County Public Health Updates
- If you have symptoms similar to COVID, please contact your doctor or the Adventist Health Triage Line at 209-536-5166. If you need immediate medical attention, please call in advance and go to the Ambulance or Emergency Department. You can also visit www.valleycovidhelp.com for more information.
- The number of new cases today leads to 14.06 days in our county to 105.06 / 100k (105 cases per 100,000 population), continuing to exceed the mark 100 / 100k, which is one of the indicators for the state data monitoring program in the county. There is a delay in the reporting of the state, so we will not appear immediately in the list of the state and no action will be taken until we are officially on the list and go through the established process with the state. When we stay in this case to the state reporting system for 3 consecutive days, we will be added to the state watch list. Other indicators for the watch list are the number of COVID hospitalizations, the regular availability of hospital beds and the ICU treatment ward, and the degree of positivity. When a county is on the watch list for 3 consecutive days, they should apply more restrictive closure and mitigation measures set by the state, including schools that start the year with distance learning only. More information can be found here: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/COVID-19/COVID19CountyMonitoringOverview.aspx and https://covid19.ca.gov/roadmap-counties/
- The site for free state tests is open at the fairgrounds of Calaveras County on Tuesday – Saturday from 7 to 19 hours. Appointments can be scheduled in advance at: https://lhi.care/covidtesting Appointments are highly recommended as walks are extremely limited. The site now offers testing for children 3 and older (accompanied by a parent or guardian).
It is important that people continue to follow prevention guidelines to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, including:
- Do physical distancing at all times. Save 6 feet of space between yourself and others who are not part of your household. Stay in your home bubble!
- Wear a face covering in a public place.
- Wash your hands well and often.
- Avoid gatherings of any size with people who are not part of your household.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Avoid unnecessary travel and limit trips for important tasks.
LINKS TO MORE INFORMATION AND RESOURCES
Community Resources Portal: https://bit.ly/TCcovidPortal
Tuolumne County Public Health Website: www.tuolumnecounty.ca.gov/publichealth
Center for Public Health COVID-19: (209) 533-7440
California COVID-19 website: www.covid19.ca.gov
Information about the site and appointments for state tests: https://lhi.care/covidtesting
Tuolumne County: www.tcdisasterassistance.com
CDC COVID-19 website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Thank you for your support and efforts to protect the safety and health of our community