NORFOLK, Va. "Amanda Edwards can laugh today by recalling her potentially fatal health after spending only ten minutes in the water on the beach in Virginia. just like, "Oh, my God … my foot will fall," Edwards laughed. "That's the only thing I can keep thinking."
She told WTKR that she had entered a Staphylococcus infection during a day of fun on Norfolk's ocean beach. She said the infection spread rapidly.
"The way it spread was on my feet," Edwards explained.
This happened last week.
"I was like," It really is hot. Let's go to the beach. "So we went out to the beach, I was only in the water for about 1
The next day the fun is over. I noticed this thing that came to my feet. I ignored it for a few days, and it just grew bigger and bigger to the point where I could not go anymore, "she explained.
She said the doctors had healed the infection, and they said the bacteria could get into her skin through an open cut
"I had to cut, drain it and fill it with some gauze." "Edwards, who was on the beach with friends, said."
when there was a swimming consultation
"Please check the news and make sure there is no consultation because there are no signs – mention Edwards
The Norfolk Health Department told us that microbes can fall into the water in various ways, such as washing the bodies of swimmers or when people get relieved
Healthcare professionals call on swimmers to avoid swallowing water and to swim after heavy rainfall Do not swim if you are sick or have a weakened immune system and swim away from fishing wharves, pipes, drainage channels and water leaking from rains on the beach.
"Every time I enter the water, I will think of this bad experience." Edwards must continue to take antibiotics over the next two weeks. got out of the water, health authorities say you need to bathe with soap.