MIDDLEBURY, Vermont –
A 10-year-old girl died of bacterial meningitis on Wednesday
WSBT reports that Abbigayle Dipietro's family did not know what meningitis was and were surprised to kill her so quickly.
Her mother said she complained about an ear infection last weekend, which quickly turned into vomiting and a seizure Monday.
RELATED: Bacterial meningitis: How to protect yourself from potentially fatal illness
Her parents hope that no other families have to go through this, and are asking people to look out for symptoms such as headaches, fever, vomiting, ear infections, and stiff neck
A Facebook fundraiser was started for family medical expenses, already raising over $ 1
Abby's memorial will be held on Feb. 22.