Most adults "live in ignorance" about the availability of medicines to "very young children", said four children commissioners in the United Kingdom.
They stated that they were worried about how young people were using cheap Class A drugs. [1
Detectives warn that teens are increasingly targeted by dealers through social media.  On a table in the corner of the dining room of the Carson family there is a cast on his arm.
After his death in April, his mother, Tatum Price, wanted something visible and touching to connect her with his son.
"Carson was a wonderful, astounding, intelligent boy with so many futures," she said.
"And it just took off within an hour."
Carson died after taking a high-power pill called Donkey Kong – his family was told that ecstasy had been sold through Snapchat and cost only a few pounds.
"It was too easy," Ms. Price said.
"When you take Class A drugs, you think, 'Oh my God, that would be hard to get' – it's not as easy as buying sweets at a sweet shop for the same price."
said she regularly used to check on Carson's phone to track his use on social media and discussed the dangers of various substances with him.
There are no warning signs that he
"We are naive – parents," she said.
"Kids and dealers today are cheeky and sell them in the park."
Last year, there were at least seven deaths in the United Kingdom of children under the age of 16 after taking ecstasy, including two children at the age of 13.
"Most parents and adults would were greatly shocked by the availability of really dangerous, powerful, Class A drugs for very young children, "said Sally Holland, the Children's Commissioner for Wales.
"I think we all probably live in ignorance."
Along with three other members of the United Kingdom, she raised concerns about how young people are exposed to drugs as ecstasy.
Since the 1990s, the price of the drug has dropped from an average of 25 pounds per tablet to as much as £ 5.
At the same time, the average power has doubled, with some so-called 'super pills' such as testing Donkey Kong at four to five times stronger.
"I know people take them at 12," said Lois, a member of the Cardiff Youth Council.
"It may start out as marijuana, but it can really quickly turn into ecstasy because it just isn't enough."
Another member of the youth council stated that children are exposed to Class A drugs because they are often sold by teenagers,
"You can look outside your window, there are about eight kids running back and forth, you know exactly what they're doing – they sell drugs. "
Police officers investigating organized crime have stated that the sale of Class A substances has moved further away from drugs and into smartphones, which makes children more vulnerable.
"Young people are targeted because young people are very comfortable using social media platforms." warned Det Insp Sarah Trigg of South Wales Police.
"Branding is popular, like Donkey Kong and Versace."
Snapchat said it had no place in its drug messaging service and encouraged users to report any illegal activity.
The four Commissioners for Children are calling on the UK Government to tackle the issue of drug sales through social media in its plans for a new independent digital regulator.
They also want a change in the reduction of youth services, which they said took the first line of defense to protect young people.
The Home Office stated that it was concerned about the increased use of Class A drugs and acknowledged the role of early intervention in directing young people to drugs.
It awaits the results of an independent review of the drug issue put into service earlier this year.
But for Ms. Price, the fear is that other children remain vulnerable until their parents comply.
"Please don't think it won't be you," she warned.
“My son was highly educated, from a loving home, I felt that my son would never do it, tell them the harsh realities – it destroys your life. "