With the rest of Final Fantasy VII remastered, refurbished or remade, it would be foolish not to owe the computer animated film. Today Sony Pictures Home Entertainment announced the 4K Ultra HD remaster of Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, complete with HDR support and bilingual Dolby Atmos sound. So much fantasy.
The new version 4K is a remastered version of 2009 Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete, which added 25 minutes to the time of the original film, revised many scenes and delved a little deeper into Cloud’s development. All this remastered in 4K with HDR10 and new English and Japanese audio recordings.
The edition includes two discs. Here’s what’s on them:
4K Ultra HD drive
- Recently converted to 4K, with HDR10
- Brand new audio recordings in English and Japanese Dolby Atmos + audio in English and Japanese 5.1
- Function presented in HD
- On the Road to a Smile – Episode: Denzel Animation
- Recall of FINAL FANTASY VII Digest of the original story
- Recalling FINAL FANTASY VII Compilation Story Digest
- Legacy of FINAL FANTASY VII Featurette
In short, handsome men flying in the air with swords will get a little prettier on June 8th.