قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ World https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ After the teenager said at the restaurant, he had a milk allergy, his birthday meal killed him

After the teenager said at the restaurant, he had a milk allergy, his birthday meal killed him



Owen Carey has finally turned 18, and the London Thames River Burger looks like a great place to celebrate.

The teenager chose grilled chicken breasts, but just to be safe, Owen warned Byron chain officials. about his milk allergy. He seems to be satisfied with what he said even after ordering from a menu that doesn't mention it, dug into a dish that was marinated in buttermilk.

He suffered several bites. Then Owen's lips quivered. His stomach blew. And as he exited the restaurant, he collapsed close to the London Eye in less than an hour, the BBC reported. He later died in hospital.

The 2017 incident caused sadness and outrage among Owen's family, who sought answers about how his death could happen.

On Friday, they received a response in the Southwark Coroner's Court. [1

9659002] Owen died of severe food-induced anaphylaxis, "despite notifying staff of his allergies," wrote Coroner Briony Ballard in a statement read out to court, according to the UK Press Association.

"The menu was reassuring that it did not refer to any marin or potential allergen ingredient in the selected food," and Owen "was not informed that there were allergens in the order," Ballard wrote.

"Owen was the shining light in our family and his death should not have happened," his sister Emma Carey told the court.

The Kerry family stated that Owen's death and disclosure of the inquiry should push new UK laws that make allergen labeling in restaurants more visible and detailed, rather than verbal discussions with staff at noisy restaurants with young staff .

"This leaves too much room for error on an issue we know all too well that can cost lives," said Emma Carey.

Byron CEO Simon Wilkinson said in a statement after the investigation that his restaurants "have stable procedures" to deal with allergy cartridges but do not protect the circumstances that led to Owen's death.

"It is a matter of great regret and sadness that our high standards of communication with our customers were not achieved during Owen's visit," Wilkinson said Friday.

Claude Bradley, a lawyer for the family, said that during the investigation, menu allergy information was printed "at the very bottom, in a really very small font, in black, on a royal blue background," the BBC reported.

In response, Byron spokesman Amy Leitner-Hopes said "this is completely legible in my opinion," the BBC reported, and "the expectation is that the client will have allergies sho Uld inform us," although Angle said that Owen actually did. informed staff about his allergy.

Byron's online menu already references the buttermilk marinade and includes allergen information.

It also includes

"We will do our best to accommodate you, but we cannot guarantee that our kitchens or our suppliers are 100% allergen free," the menu says. Twice.

(This story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is automatically generated by a syndicated feed.)

Get breaking news, live news and the latest NDTV .com news from the world. Catch all the action on live TV on NDTV 24×7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for the latest news and live news updates.


Source link