ENTERTAINMENT – fun, fun, fun!
In today’s contest you can win a copy of Switch Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity and the award-winning Zelda package from fun.com!
If you’re going to sell licensed merchandise, board games, puzzles, and a whole range of worn-out trinkets, I think fun.com is a pretty appropriate name for your company. Everything is fun!
I keep making friends left and right, and my fun.com friends wanted to spread some of their namesakes on you: They gave us a copy of Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity and a whole mess of themed Zelda products to hand out! They really fit their name on this one.
fun.com has partnered with Destructoid and our sister site, Nintendo Enthusiast, to give you two chances to win a copy of the game and lots of great Zelda-themed merchandise! Here at Dtoid we distribute:
And this is just the beginning! Head to Nintendo Enthusiast for another chance to win a copy of the game, plus the extra Zelda swag shown above!
You know the workout – enter to win, using the gadget below to leave your name and email address. Check in daily to increase your number of entries and click around for bonus odds!
We have to hand out a package – our winner will be drawn next Thursday. Since this is all a physical move, you must have a US shipping address to win. There is no substitute for prizes.
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity is available now and you can pick up any Zelda and other nerdy goods at fun.com.
Dtoid Contest: Win Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity and a Zelda Prize Package, courtesy of fun.com
No purchase required to enter or win
1. Eligibility: Competitions for Destructoid.com are usually provided by sponsors who, due to customs and transportation costs (budgets), often restrict the participation of persons legally resident in the fifty (50) US (unless otherwise stated) and are at least 12 years of age. We encourage our foreign friends to be super sneaky and make a friend in the United States who can receive your award, and then you both can understand customs / logistics. Be careful who you trust, obviously. Employees of Destructoid.com, their advertising or promotional agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or processing of competitions, all agents acting for or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, employees, directors, subsidiaries , related parties, licensees, service providers, award providers any other person or entity related to the competitions (together “Competition Organizations”) and / or close family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members ( whether related or not) to any such employee, * does not * qualify and will be dismissed and publicly beaten if caught participating. All US, federal, state and local regulations apply.
2. Consent to official rules: Participation in the Contest constitutes full and unconditional consent and acceptance of these Official Rules and decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize depends on meeting all the requirements set out here.
3. Entry period: The start and end date / time of each competition (“Participation Period”) will be published on the relevant competition website.
4. Entry: To enter a contest, follow the instructions on the contest website. Submission will result in one (1) entry. The number of times you can participate in the competition will be published on the relevant website of the competition. The use of any agencies or automated application software will cancel all entries submitted by that person, with the exception of patron members who may participate in competitions by accessing their “benefits” page.
5. Drawing: Unless otherwise stated in the race details above, we will select the names of the potential winners in a random draw of all eligible entries received during each entry period. The number of winners who will be selected in a specific competition will be published on the relevant website of the competition. The chances of being selected as a potential winner depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period. Potential winners will be contacted by email and asked to provide their full name, age and postal address within a specified period of time. If a potential winner does not respond within the deadline specified in the notification email, we may select an alternative potential winner in his or her place at random from all entries received during the entry period. Limit one (1) household prize per race.
6. Requirements of potential winners: Winners will be notified by the email address associated with their Destructoid.com account and / or will receive a personal message on Destructoid.com or via a Twitter Direct Message / Facebook message. Winners have five (5) days from the initial announcement to warn them of their winnings in order to respond and receive their prize. If no winner shows up within five working days, the prize will be confiscated and the raffle will take place again where Destructoid hardcore fans are most active (social media).
7. Award (s): The prize (s) (including the approximate retail value of each prize) that can be won in a specific competition will be published on the competition website. No cash or other substitutions may be made except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to exchange a prize for another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with receiving or using a prize. Prizes will be mailed between 1 and 45 working days after the winners have responded with the information they need.
8. General conditions: In the event that the operation, security or administration of the Contest is violated in any way for any reason, including but not limited to fraud, virus or other technical problem, the Sponsor may in its sole discretion: (a) suspend the Contest to deal with disability; then resuming the Competition in a manner best suited to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award prizes at random from among the admissible entries received up to the time of the injury. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any person who is found to be interfering in the process of participating in or conducting the Competition or acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the lawful operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law and, if such an attempt is made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek redress from any such person to the maximum extent permitted by law. Failure by the Sponsor to comply with any article of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of this provision. In the event of a dispute regarding the owner of a record, the record will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the screen name from which the recording was made. An Authorized Account Holder is defined as a natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses to the domain associated with the submitted email address.
9. Exemption and limitations of liability: By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Contest Entities from and against any claim or cause of action arising from participation in the Contest or receiving or using any prize, including, but not limited to: unauthorized human interference with competition; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers or telephone or network lines; © printing errors; (d) lost, late, due by post, misdirected or unsent mail; (e) errors in the administration of the competition or the processing of applications; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by the entrant’s participation in the competition or the receipt of any prize. In addition, the entrant agrees that for any reason the liability of the contestants will be limited to the costs of participation and participation in the contest and in no case will the contestants be liable for attorney’s fees. The Participant waives the right to claim any damages, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct or indirect damages.
10. Disputes: Except where prohibited, the entrant agrees that all disputes, claims and reasons for a claim arising out of or in connection with the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually without recourse to any is a form of collective action. All matters relating to the establishment, validity, interpretation and applicability of these Official Rules, the rights and obligations of the entrant or the rights and obligations of the Sponsors in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the British Virginia Community. trigger any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether in the Community of Virginia or another jurisdiction) that would result in the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Community of Virginia.
11. Results of the competition: To enter the competition without having to buy / sell anything or request a written copy on behalf of the winners, send a self-governing envelope with a stamp (indicating the specific competition for which you want the winners) to the winners in Destructoid.com, 548 Market Street # 59757, San Francisco, California 94104 USA. We run a lot of competitions, so please be specific in what you want. Requests for winners must be received within thirty (30) days of the final date of the applicable competition (however, they are always published on our website). Winners are usually announced the day after the race in our competition section.
Finally, Destructoid has the right to kick your ass and take your prize if you’re a full dick, so be cool and don’t kick puppies on your way to victory. Have fun with our competitions and be a good sport when you win or lose. Remember: First you get the strength, then you get the money, then you take the baby.