Defending the company’s removal of the controversial Parler app from its online store, Apple CEO Tim Cook told Fox reporter Chris Wallace today that he did not believe freedom of speech and alleged provocation of violence intersected.
Apple, Google and Amazon Services took the Parler application offline after protests in the US Capitol on January 6. Five people died in the confrontations.
“We looked at the incitement to violence that was there (Parler). And we don’t think freedom of speech and incitement to violence have an intersection, “Cook told host Chris Wallace on Sunday on Fox News.
Cook said all App Store services are expected to comply with the terms of service.
“Obviously we don̵
Asked if it creates an incentive to deepen, Cook said he would allow the return of the service with a greater measure.
“We stopped them just for us. So, if they gather their moderation, they will return there, “he said.
John Marce, Parler’s chief executive, also spoke to Fox today, saying he had been notified 24 hours ago of his resignation, and offered a secret agreement.
“It’s very, very interesting that they all, on the same day, without telling us in advance, never told us that there was any serious or significant problem with our application,” CEO Matze told Fox reporter Mark Levin “But on the same day, you know, all on the same day, they send us these very threatening messages. “
“And Amazon, as usual, [was] basically saying, “Oh, I’ve never seen any material problems. No problems. You know, they played it very unhalantly. So, we still even had, you know, on the 8th and 9th, you know, we had no real indication that this was, you know, deadly serious. “