Today, Apple launches iOS 14.2 GM for developer beta testers and public beta testers. In particular, today’s new iOS 14.2 GM should fix the wrong ones. “A new iOS update is now available. Please update from iOS 14 betaA notice that many users are seeing right now.
iOS 14.2 GM is now running and can be found in the Settings app. The release of this beta is particularly remarkable, given the notification of a non-existent update that many users have seen in the last 24 hours.
This is not the first time such a mistake has happened. In fact, something similar happened during the beta period of iOS 12 in 2018. In essence, Apple firmly encodes the expiration of the beta versions of iOS in the springboard. After this date is scrolled, the trampoline will automatically display a pop-up warning repeatedly until an update is installed.
Elsewhere, iOS 1
To add the new Shazam music recognition switch to the Control Center, first make sure you’re using the iOS 14.2 developer beta available today. Then open the Settings app, select “Control Center,” then look for Shazam under the “More Controls” heading. You can then add the Shazam switch and rearrange it as you see fit.
iOS 14.2 also includes a variety of new wallpapers that you can see and download in our full post here.
If you notice any changes to iOS 14.2 GM or other new beta versions of Apple today, let us know in the comments below or on Twitter @ 9to5Mac.
iOS 14.2 includes the following enhancements for your iPhone:
- Over 100 new emoticons, including animals, food, faces, household items, musical instruments, emoji, including gender, and more
- Eight new wallpapers in both light and dark versions
- The magnifier can detect people nearby and read their distance using the LiDAR sensor included in the iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max
- Support for iPhone 12 leather sleeve with MagSafe
- Optimized Battery Charging for AirPods to Slow Battery Aging Speed by Reducing the Time Your AirPods Spend Fully Charged
- Headset volume alerts to alert you when a volume level may affect your hearing
- New AirPlay controls for streaming entertainment in your home
- HomePod and HomePod mini intercom support using iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, AirPods and CarPlay
- Ability to connect HomePod to Apple TV 4K for stereo, surround sound and Dolby Atmos audio
- Possibility to provide statistics on exposure notifications without identifying you to the participating public health authorities
This version also solves the following problems:
- Applications may not work in the dock on the home screen
- The camera viewfinder may appear black when started
- The lock screen keypad may miss touches when you try to enter the password
- Reminders may be the default in the past
- The photo gadget may not display content
- The weather device can show the high temperature in Celsius when set to Fahrenheit
- The description of the precipitation diagram for the next hour in Weather may not show correctly when precipitation stops
- Voice memo recordings are interrupted by incoming calls
- The screen may be black during Netflix video playback
- Apple Cash may fail to send or receive money when asked through Siri
- The Apple Watch application may close unexpectedly when opened
- GPS training routes or health data can’t be synced between Apple Watch and iPhone for some users
- The audio is incorrectly labeled “Not Playing” ???? in the CarPlay dashboard
- Devices may be prevented from charging wirelessly
- Exposure notifications are disabled when restoring iPhone from iCloud Backup or transferring data to a new iPhone using iPhone Migration
FTC: We use automatic income partnerships. More ▼.
See 9to5Mac on YouTube for more Apple news: