The price of bitcoins fell on Sunday, losing more than 6% in the last 24 hours, but countless other coins have seen significant gains in contrast. Cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin cash, ethereum and monero jumped, while bitcoin declined decently.
** This publication has been updated to reflect the recent change in the price of bitcoin (BTC) at 15:33 (EST) on Sunday, January 10, 2021.
- Bitcoin (BTC) fell to $ 37,194 on Sunday, January 10, 2021, after reaching a record high a day and a half earlier. The BTC is currently down more than 6.4% and is trading at $ 38,239 per share during the afternoon afternoon trading sessions (EST).
- On Saturday and Sunday, as BTC consolidated, ethereum (ETH) jumped to its highest price in 2021 of $ 1,340 per coin. ETH is still rising above 4% today and is exchanged for $ 1,285 per token on Sunday.
- Another cryptocurrency that has seen significant gains this weekend is bitcoin cash (BCH), which is up 14% today. Yesterday, however, BCH rose by more than 30% and traded at the peak of 2021 from $ 625 in number. Bitcoin cash (BCH) is currently traded for $ 612 per coin and has a market capitalization of about $ 11.2 billion.
- Litecoin (LTC) performed very well on Saturday, jumping to $ 185 per unit and today the coin is exchanged for 170 for LTC. The crypto asset LTC has fallen just 1% in the last 24 hours and has a market capitalization of about $ 11.3 billion on Sunday.
- Another strong player this weekend in terms of profits is the monero market valuation (XMR). XMR jumped to $ 174 a coin, and crypto assets are still up more than 18 percent on Sunday. Data from markets.Bitcoin.com shows that the total market value of monero today is only 3 billion dollars.
- The five winners on Sunday saw gains between 40% and 91% and include coins such as betnetnet, bitcoin diamond, ethereum classic, ultrain and horizen. The biggest losers on Sunday include appcoins, nexus, navcoin, everex and golem, as assets lost between -19% and -30% today.
- After the BTC of all time reached the highest price of the Bitcoin Dominance Index (BDI) to 70% recently, recent jumps in value from other coins have lowered the BDI to 68%.
- At the time of publication, the entire crypto market economy is still valued at over $ 1.03 trillion. The total market capitalization is still growing above 7% despite the losses that BTC has suffered in the last 24 hours.
- ** Update: Since this publication was published at 2:46 p.m. (EST), the price of bitcoin (BTC) has dropped to a low of $ 34,322 per unit. At 3:33 p.m., the price is around $ 36,660 per coin. The rest of the crypto economy had also seen some decent percentage losses after the BTC slipped below the $ 35,000 range on Sunday.
See all the latest real-time cryptocurrency pricing on markets.Bitcoin.com.
What do you think about coins that have seen significant gains while bitcoin prices have fallen? Tell us what you think about this in the comments section below.
Image credits: Shutterstock, Pixabay, Wiki Commons