Just days before the November 3 presidential election, former Vice President Joe Biden’s campaign launched a new user card in Fortnite. First reported by Mashable, the Rebuild Better with Biden map is located in Restart the City and aims to promote the campaign’s message that the environment and the economy are linked. The adventurous solo player card takes about 20 to 30 minutes to play and makes its debut on Friday night.
“Our digital agenda is built around how people spend their time and the most effective ways to reach them in these places,” said Christian Tom, director of Biden̵
The custom Fortnite map is “an essential, accessible and fun way to reach and mobilize voters,” added Tom. Signs around the card encourage players to visit makeaplan.com, and players can send text messages with Fortnite to 30330 to learn how to vote early in person, cast their ballots, or vote on election day.
This is not the first foray into Biden’s video game campaign. Earlier this month, the campaign launched Biden’s virtual office for voters to visit. Animal crossing: New horizons,, “An entire island on the platform where supporters can further connect with the campaign.” And in September, the campaign introduced signs for Biden-Harris’ yards at ACNH.
On the Fortnite map, after players arrive by train at No Malarkey station, there are six challenges related to the Biden-Harris program that players must complete, the campaign said. On the edge:
- Help build a new research facility on the Champ construction site: “Build a new research facility at the local historic Black College. Build to the top and stay in the drawings. “
- Install 3 Scranton Towers: “Help install these new 5G broadband towers to ensure that every American has broadband access,” with a call to Biden’s hometown of Scranton, Pennsylvania.
- Restoration of the river Aviator: “Compete to collect industrial waste and restore the river. This challenge underscores Biden’s plan to mobilize the next generation of conservation and sustainability workers through a civilian climate corps. “
- Visit Joe’s famous ice cream shop: “slide down the colors (flavors) to get as much ice cream as possible. “
- Help Auto Factory work cleanly: “They modified the line to produce electric cars and are now modernizing offices before reopening. Install new high-efficiency AC units and develop solar panels on the roof. ”
- Run Kamala’s Sneaker sneakers: “Find all 10 Kamala sneakers around town.” Vice presidential candidate Kamala Harris is known for her Converse Chuck Taylor sneakers as part of her standard wardrobe.
Biden Champ and Major’s dogs have homes in Reboot City, and there are a number of Easter eggs on the map, including a boogie bomb, a flashlight, a cooling grenade and a boom box.
The access code for the map of Biden Build Back Better is 0215-4511-1823.
Despite the ongoing legal battle between developer Epic Games and Apple, Fortnite has shown that it can attract big numbers. As of May, Epic said the game had 350 million registered players. In April, Travis Scott’s concert at Fortnite attracted 12.3 million simultaneous players, which Epic claims is an “all-time record” for the battle with the Royal Games.