This story is part ofChoose CNET gifts with expert advice, reviews and recommendations for the latest technology gifts for you and your family.
technically it’s the day after Thanksgiving, but some of the best discounts are already here – especially for Amazon’s Home Security Ring products. Whether you are looking for video bells, lighting or home security kits, you can find great discounts for each of them. (For the record, while , although in the meantime they both have intermediate deals.) These are the best deals we’ve found so far, but before we move on to them, here are some basic rules:
- The deals already posted on Amazon’s website are on top.
- We don’t know exactly when the rest of the deals go live on Amazon, but already annoying many of these same sales starting on Sunday, November 22nd, so it’s a sure bet that most of them should be live no later than Sunday morning.
- However, many of these transactions may be available earlier through Alexa’s voice order.
- Keep in mind that many are returning to Prime Day lows, but there are some new additions.
- It is not impossible to have additional packages and additional deals, but we do not expect these prices to fall between now and the end of the year.
- Keep in mind that many of them have already been ordered in two to three weeks and these shipping times are likely to get longer. However, Amazon devices rarely go “in stock” – delivery dates in most cases will simply continue to move.
Don’t see anything you want here? Don’t worry – yetsales are coming.
This story has been published before and is updated frequently. Pricing and availability were accurate at the time of last post, but are subject to change without notice.
The deals are available now
Chris Monroe / CNET
The ring offers 1080p live video, motion signals and two-way voice communication, and a feature called Pre-Roll (when someone or something is triggered on the motion sensor, you can see what happened before). This deal saves nearly 50% off the regular retail price of $ 250 and offers the Echo Show 5 ($ 90 on the list) for recharging.
Note that the Ring Pro does not have a rechargeable battery. If you can’t connect it to the existing front door wires, this is not the video bell for you. Read our review of Ring Video Doorbell Pro.
Ring Peephole Cam is ideal for apartment dwellers or people without hard doorbells. It’s extremely easy to install, and $ 70 is a super affordable price. If you are interested in video bells in general, this is a great place to start. Read our review of the Ring Peephole Cam.
Ring Alarm is a home security kit in a modular style and you can get different arrangements of the kit for great discounts. However, the five tracks with free Echo Dot are the best deal with a 50% discount on the price. You can also get a 14-piece set for an impressive $ 200.
Taylor Martin / CNET
Ring’s Floodlight Cam usually sells for $ 250, so finding the camera for less than $ 200 – let alone a free Echo Show 5 smart display – is a pleasant surprise. This package is ideal for launching your external security system, whether you are protecting your house from thieves or simply spying on raccoons that continue to enter your trash. Read our review of the Ring Floodlight Cam.