Developer Treyarch has released another update for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War on PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One and Xbox Series S / Series X. Along with the addition of an 80s-inspired Nuketown card, the patch address is different errors and problems with the stability of the game.
The headliner features the addition of Nuketown ’84, an updated version of the classic Nuketown map, flavored with a dash from the 80’s. Nuketown ’84 is included in the Core and Hardcore fast rotation list, as well as in Custom Games, the 24/7 playlist and Onslaught in PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5. Treyarch also activates the Double XP event until November 30 1
The update also addresses stability issues in multiplayer and zombies, fixes zombie hit detection issues, smoothes camouflage problems with multiplayer knives, and more.
This patch comes a day after Treyarch released a separate update that made some changes to the game. This includes reducing spawning in Hardpoint and smoothing out problems with upgrades in Zombies, which are distributed freely, as well as stabilizing the game. See full patch notes below.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Patch Notes (November 24)
- 2XP + 2WXP:
- Double XP and Double Weapon XP are activated in multiplayer and zombies until 10 AM PT on Monday, November 30th.
- Nuketown ’84
- Added Nuketown ’84 to 6v6 card rotation in Quick Play Core and Hardcore playlists.
- Added playlist with Nuketown feature 24/7.
- Added Nuketown ’84 to the list of custom game cards.
- Crossroads Strike:
- Attention is drawn to a problem in Crossroads Strike that allows players to challenge the Hardpoint and Control Zone outside the intended goal.
- Nuketown ’84
- Attention is drawn to an issue where incorrect images will be displayed for Diamond & Gold camouflage weapon prizes in the After-Action report.
- Attention is drawn to a problem in which camouflage with knives will not progress if it is in the main weapon slot.
- Fixed a rare crash that can occur with Domination.
- Attention is drawn to a problem that may prevent zombies from attacking the player after teleportation from the Dark Ether.
- Attention is drawn to a problem that allows players to leave the play area when teleported back from Dark Eter.
- Attention is drawn to a problem that can lead to the latency of the main element of demand, causing a breakthrough in progression.
- Attention is drawn to a problem that can sometimes cause the player to lose functionality in the pause menu if Gunsmith remains open after the introductory cut scene.
- Attention is drawn to a problem that sometimes causes an incorrect Pack-a-Punch camouflage device to appear on Trials weapons.
- User interface
- Attention is drawn to an issue that sometimes causes an incorrect Revive UI to appear at the end of a match.
- Various stability adjustments have been added.
- Attack (PS4 / PS5)
- Added Nuketown ’84 to the list of pressure cards.
- A new pressure challenge has been added with a unique weapon reward.
GameSpot can receive a commission from retail offers.