Calvin Gastelum will re-enter as a substitute for the main event.
After Paulo Costa stepped out of the upcoming middleweight UFC Fight Night headliner with Jared Canonier (13-5 MMA, 6-5 UFC) on Aug. 21, Gastelum (16-7 MMA, 11-7 UFC) agreed to step in. and take the battle with five rounds.
MMA Junkie checked the switch with a person close to the situation, after an initial report from ESPN.com. The person requested anonymity because the UFC has not yet made an official announcement.
UFC Fight Night on August 21 has no announced venue or venue.
Gastelum won a major event loss to Robert Whitaker at the UFC̵
Meanwhile, Cannonier lost its own loss to Whittaker at UFC 254 in October. He suffered an arm injury that required surgery and has been out of action ever since.
Currently, the reason for Costa’s withdrawal (14-1 MMA, 5-1 UFC) from the match has not been revealed.
With the change, the lineup of UFC Fight Night now includes:
- Jared Canonie vs. Kelvin Gastellum
- Mana Martinez vs. Jesse Strader
- Fabio Cherant v. William Knight
- Austin Hubbard vs. Winch Pischel
- Alexander Pantoia vs. Brandon Royval
- Austin Lingo vs. Luis Saldana
- Parker Porter vs. Chase Sherman
- Brian Kelleher vs. Domingo Pilarte
- Clay Guida Mark Madsen
- Ramiz Brahimai against Sasha Palatnikov
- Bea Maleki vs. Josiane Nunes