Tuesday's Giants-Red Sox game provided a multi-generational dramatic moment at Fenway Park. Mike Jastremski, grandson of Red Sox Carl Carl Jastremski's family, took the field at Fenway for the first time in a Major League uniform.
And in the fourth inning he fired a home run to center field.
Jastremsky, just cozy in Fenway.
Can you believe it? pic.twitter.com/IaEhCDyhwF
– MLB (@MLB) September 18, 2019
Earlier in the evening, Yastremsky received a standing ovation from the Fenway crowd when he was announced to play .
The Yaz at Fenway Park will always have a standing ovation. pic.twitter.com/1hkgadMjzF
– MLB (@MLB) September 17, 2019
On Tuesday afternoon, Mike and his grandfather spent some time together on the field.  Karl Jastrzemski and his grandson Mike see each other for the first time since Tuesday @fenwaypark
– Quite a special moment for the family! #WBZ @wbz pic.twitter.com/GPz0DPOVF6
– Dan Roche (@RochieWBZ) September 17, 2019
– Dan Roche (@RochieWB23 2019)
Great photo by Carl and Mike Jastremski of the Stan Grossfeld Globe. pic.twitter.com/ylKvzaNsi2
– Pete Abraham (@PeteAbe) September 17, 2019