Cheryl Underwood finally spoke after Sharon Osborne left The Talk last month.
News of Osborne’s departure came weeks after a heated exchange between Osborne and Underwood, in which Osborne voiced support for Pierce Morgan after he left Good Morning Britain over differing views of Megan Markle after an interview with the Duchess of Sussex and Bohm. Prince Harry with Oprah Winfrey.
In addition, the intense discussion led to a subsequent internal investigation and a break from the air before Osborne eventually withdrew from the show.
Now, during the April 3 episode of her Radio Cheryl Underwood podcast, Underwood has opened up for the moment.
SHARON OSBOURNE LIE BACK TO THE “CONVERSATION”
“Sometimes something happens in life and you say, ‘God, if I was just …’ There’s nothing I could have, ‘I just could’ – it would happen out of my control, ‘Underwood, 57 , said. “Sometimes you don’t want to know what you know.”
Since Osborne left the show on March 26, Underwood revealed that the two would still be talking, and when asked if Osborne had approached her directly to apologize, Underwood was quick to say no before flipping through his previous phone story. to check again.
However, Osborne took advantage of Underwood’s claims that she did not apologize and shared the alleged evidence with the Daily Mail in the form of screenshots that the conversation actually stopped.
“Not only did I send these messages to Cheryl, but I personally apologized to her in the dressing room,” Osborne said on Tuesday. “Why do you say I never apologized to Cheryl? What are you trying to do to me?”
Osborne continued, “Why are you trying to ruin my reputation? Just be honest. Tell me.”
SHARON OSBURN “BitterLY DISAPPOINTED” AT THE EXIT OF THE “CONVERSATION”: REPORT
In an alleged conversation between the troubled hosts, Osborne wrote in a March 12 message – two days after the broadcast – that her heart was “heavy” and she was “deeply saddened by Wednesday’s events.” “
“I don’t want to lose my true friend because of this,” Osborne said. “I’m sorry I told you to give up during the break, I’m sorry I accused you of false crying while we were live on the air, and I’m sorry I lost my temper.”
Osborne reportedly wrote that she “felt shocked, frightened and saddened by what [she] I felt like a blind attack. “
“You know me. You know how I’ve always been with you,” Osborne pleaded. “We beat everyone on this show and that’s because we’ve always been a team and we’ve had our backs.”
Osborne then claimed that he thought Underwood was a “true friend” before allegedly handing out an olive branch to the funny woman to “talk on the phone over the weekend” if Underwood wanted to. “I’m here. I apologize once again.”
Osborne is said to be pressuring Underwood further: “Is there anything you need from me, or something I can do to help you heal? Love and respect always – Sharon.”
According to the Daily Mail, the message went unanswered three days before Osborne sent a follow-up text message on March 15 at 1:45 p.m.
“Hello, Cheryl. I know you’re making room, and I don’t want to disrespect that,” Osborne said. “I just stretch because I want you [to] I know I think of you. If you want, can we talk before Wednesday? A big kiss.”
It is believed that three more days passed before Osborne sent another text on March 18 at 4:32 pm: “Cheryl, I think of you. I hope you are well. I am sending my love.”
During a three-part episode of Podcast titled “Sharon’s Moving Away,” the comedian said that when Osborne, 68, joined the popular daily talk show in 2011, Underwood had “heard things” about the former reality star – but supported that instead of taking what she was told at face value, she chose to meet Osborne and the two became “quick friends.”
“I automatically just fell in love with her because I like her. And I heard things and I said to myself, “They have nothing to do with me.” My thing is, I’ll get to know you first, “Underwood said.
The actress added: “I had heard things and had phone calls about this and that, and because of what I said to these people, I said, ‘Thank you for the information.’ Because listen, you have all kinds of personalities in this business, right? “
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR OUR ENTERTAINMENT BULLETIN
Despite the public repercussions, Underwood said he still “loves” the Osborne family “from what I know about them.”
Underwood said he did not believe Osborne was a racist and was “disappointed” with the way things were going.
“I don’t know anything other than what I’ve been through with them, and this thing that happened is disappointing to me.”
“And maybe people don’t want to hear me say, ‘I still love Osborne.’ I’m not saying I liked being treated the way I was, “she added. “I’m very disappointed. And I’m just trying to orient myself in my feelings about it, because it was a trauma.”
On March 26, it was revealed that the former reality star “has decided to leave” the long-running daily talk show, according to a statement from CBS and received at the time by Fox News.
“The events of the March 10 broadcast had upset everyone involved, including the audience watching at home,” the CBS statement said.
He continued: “As part of our review, we concluded that Sharon’s behavior toward her co-hosts during the March 10 episode was not in line with our values for a respectable job. We also found no evidence that CBS conducted the discussion or blinded each of the hosts. “
Click here to get the FOX NEWS app
In a statement to Fox News on Tuesday, the Osborne spokesman said: “Sharon is defending his remarks.”
Underwood officials did not respond immediately to Fox News’s request for comment.