When bitten by a venomous snake, a farmer in China made the only contribution that he believed was available: he pulled out the figure immediately before taking a trip to the nearest city by hospital.
But according to the doctors who treated the patient after he arrived, he did not have to deal with a cutlet.
As reported by South China Morning Post the snake was a poppy pit known locally in Shanju province in Zhejiang province as the "five-step snake." The local myth is that after you bite the snake, you can only take five steps before collapsing from the effects of the poison.
Thus, in order to prevent the spread of the poison, the 60-year-old man acted quickly, independently amputating the place of the snake bite. He then wraps the wound in a cloth and makes the journey 80 kilometers (50 miles) to Hangzhou Hospital for treatment.
Doctors at the Chinese Traditional Chinese Hospital in Hangzhou told the media that the patient identified only as Zhang, looked good ̵
Nevertheless, his bold self-amputation was … well, a little
"It is not necessary at all [to cut it off]," says doctor Yuan Chengda. "The five-tailed snake is not so toxic."
The so-called five-tailed snake may not be very poisonous, but that does not mean that it is not dangerous. It is a species of cinderella called Deinagkistrodon acutus found mainly in northern Vietnam, southern China, Hainan and Taiwan.
The venom of this snake is a potent chemotoxin that breaks down blood cells and causes bleeding. Larger individuals are known to be deadly to humans, so it's not unreasonable to fear being bitten – and in fact, Zhang told doctors that one of his neighbors died from a snake strike earlier this year.
Yuan also notes that Zhang's method of dealing with his injury is not uncommon. There is a lot of old and outdated information on how to treat snake bites, including biting and sucking to remove venom (not working) or applying a turnstile (also not useful and potentially dangerous). Approximately 30 percent of snake patients in the hospital have tried some radical treatment and often need more medical care than they have not done. 
"Some use knives to cut their toes or toes, some used ropes or iron wires to fasten a bitten limb and some even tried to destroy the poison in their body by burning their skin," he says Yuan.
"When they arrive at the hospital, some people's limbs already show signs of gangrene. "
According to the advice of the Queensland Government in Australia (a state home to some of the deadliest snakes in the world, but with a surprisingly low mortality rate for snake diseases), you need to wrap the wound tightly with a bandage or adhesive film , stay as calm as possible and get to a hospital right away (call an ambulance if possible).
You should never cut or suck the wound, apply a turnstile or try to wash the poison – to be taken from the wound. and be used to identify the snake he has allowed
As for Gian, he was administered antivenom and his wound was cleaned and dressed; he reported that he was home and treated well. Unfortunately, his finger did not can be reattached – he left it behind the mountain.