قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ Sport https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ Chris Duncan dies at 38; challenged 2006 Cardinals to lead, hit local sports radio | Cardinal St. Louis

Chris Duncan dies at 38; challenged 2006 Cardinals to lead, hit local sports radio | Cardinal St. Louis

A fraudster with a familiar family name, who often feeds on the pain and elevates the Cardinals to the 2006 World Cup, and later has a second act as an outspoken St. Louis radio sports scout, Chris Duncan died Friday in Tucson, Ariz., After years of battling brain cancer. He was 38.

Former Cardinal's son, who casts Dave Duncan, Chris reached the majors in 2005 and became a force in 2006, just as the Cardinals squad began to rise. Duncan's 22nd home runs in rookie season, 1

9 after the All-Star break, and his .977 OPS during the second half of the season helped carry an 83-win team that left the playoffs before finding a step and making won the organization's 10th World Series title. Duncan will play three more seasons with the Cardinals before being traded to Boston in 2009, though none shine as the ring rookie year.

"We wouldn't be here without him," said manager Tony La Rousse at the time.

Duncan was first diagnosed in 2012 with glioblastoma, the same sinister brain cancer that his mother Jeanine had, and after surgery, Chris was able to make significant progress and return to co-host 101.1 FM / WXOS, In March 2018, he admitted on air that the tumor had returned. He hosted shows, prepared opinions and kept the tumor calm for several months. Duncan took leave and made his departure from the radio station permanent in January so he could "focus on health".

"The Cardinals are deeply saddened by the passing of Chris Duncan and extend our heartfelt sympathy to his wife Amy, the entire Duncan family and his many friends," said Cardinals President and CEO Bill DeWit in a statement. "Chris was an integral part of our 2006 Championship Championship and a great teammate and friend of many in the organization."

After relentless injuries and a series of minors' seasons ended, Duncan found his voice behind the microphone.

In 2006, a newspaper quoted an unnamed scout who said Duncan was a "butcher" in the field. La Rousa suggested that the writer of the newspaper avoid Dave Duncan because "I would fear for their safety." Chris laughed at the scouting report, and this grew into his self-deprecating, crooked, and sometimes popular, personality on the air. He often made fun of his defensive play on the air, wondering if he needed a glove or not in left field. He told stories from the road and from the club house, sometimes beating them for purity but never at the expense of humor or to defend himself.

He referred to beer as "baking soda" and the term was spread.

Duncan went on to study radio business, first as an associate at WXOS (101.1 FM), then as part of the evening driving show, and later as co-host of "The Turn."

As part of his is gearing up for broadcasts that will send text reporters he trusts for reference, test-driving posts and double-checking the rules. Learn hockey from scratch to comment on the blues. Duncan starts at the train station while living in St. Louis, but continues to make shows after moving to California with his wife Amy.

During the months leading up to his marriage in January 2011, Duncan secretly took piano lessons, so at his wedding day he could surprise Amy by playing her a song.

Duncan was born on May 5, 1981, the youngest of two boys to Jeanine and Dave Duncan. He and his brother Shelley grew up around Major League Baseball, their father a coach for the Cleveland, White Sox, Oakland and Cardinals. Both sons, like their father, also played in the specialties. Preparatory position in Oro Valley, Arizona, Duncan was selected by the Cardinals in the first round, 46th overall, from the 1999 draft, the same draft that produced Albert Puchols 12 rounds later.

Duncan had a deliberate climb. minors and later he will talk about the pressure he felt as an initial choice with his father's last name.

In 2005, he hit 21 home runs for the AAA Memphis Class, and for the first time found himself in the majors. The following spring he impressed and by the end of May he had attained the specialties forever. By June, he was a regular fixture, and in September, when the Cardinals made their last push for a playoff spot, he hit the club rookie record with nine home runs.

As the Cardinals' starting left fielder in 2007, Duncan hit 21 home runs and had a .834 OPS to go with his 480 save percentage. His 2008 season was stopped by a degenerative disc in his neck, and although he had a strong initial comeback in 2009, his condition made it difficult to turn his head – even as he tried to hit the Ping Major.

"His durability is out of the charts," La Rusca said after winning the Cubs this summer that Wrigley Field, which included a home run, two singles, three RBI and one curious Duncan field game. "You see him playing, the way he runs the bases, the way he defends himself, the way he takes bats.

The Cardinals traded Duncan to Boston in July of the same season and he did not return to the majors. He last played in the minor-league system in Washington in 2010.

The following year, in August, Dave Duncan took a leave of absence to be with his wife when she began her battle against brain cancer. In October, when the Cardinals won their 11th World Series in club history, Chris, his brother and his mother watched from the seats of Bush Stadium, huddled with their daughter-in-law. Fourteen months after his mother's diagnosis, Chris learned he had the same cancer. It started with a metallic taste, then convulsions, then surgery, chemotherapy and other treatments.

In October 2012, one year after watching a World Series game with his mother, Chris underwent a 6-hour operation that removed part of his skull. A month later, he had weeks of radiation and chemotherapy, taking daily pictures to deal with a blood clot that had developed in his left arm.

"I've been racing all my life," Duncan tells journalist Joe-Strauss in November 2012. "I worked for what I got in the game. To me, this is another race. I do not let it beat me.

Jeanine Duncan passed away in June 2013 at the age of 64.

She has been battling the cruel malignancy for 22 months.

Chris Duncan returned to the air and was there for almost five years before publicly acknowledging that a tumor on the left side of his brain had reappeared. In September, after months of treatment with Chris, Amy Duncan shared positive news on social media that NMR showed "swelling has decreased dramatically."

Speaking, she writes, "it's still a challenge" for Chris, and this has remained so for months. In late 2018, Amy shared on Instagram that Chris returned to Arizona to live to be with her father and Shelley, who is a manager at the Diamondbacks system.

"The light is still on," writes Amy Duncan, "in both. "

Chris Duncan survived by his wife, Amy; his father, Dave; and his brother Shelley.

Arrangements and Information for Services to Come

ул. Louis Post-Dispatch

Source link