قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ US https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ Crane Demolition in New Orleans Expected Saturday After Time Delay

Crane Demolition in New Orleans Expected Saturday After Time Delay



Saturday's Krewe of Boo downtown event, the city's official Halloween parade, was canceled due to expected downswing, but now it's back again.

"After consulting with explosives experts, we changed our timeline," New Orleans Fire Chief Tim McConnell told reporters Saturday, adding that the soonest demolition could take place around noon on Sunday .

"They are working to do it," he said of the engineers. "We told you it was a very dangerous building. The cranes are still in a precarious situation."

Crews had hoped to take down the cranes Friday night, but that was delayed by a tropical storm, officials said.

The demolition appears to have been scheduled for Saturday, but experts have found that the cranes are more damaged than previously thought.

"So they have to do things that are a little safer," McConnell said. "Once again safety is problem # 1

."

Mayor Latoya Cantrell said he was canceling the popular Halloween event, but decided to do so after the latest expert briefing.

"That won't change," she said. "So it's official."

Friday's high winds caused the first delay, the fire chief said.

The tropical storm Nestor has been tracking east and has the potential to bring 35 miles of wind, said Colin Arnold, director of the city's Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness. Cantrell had issued a state of emergency.

Arnold said employees would need public input during the demolition because people would want to watch, but he called against it.

"If you mean that, you're too close," Arnold said. "

The door knock and the evacuation zone will begin four hours before demolition," McConnell said. hoping the debris would land in a particular area, avoiding major pipelines and power lines, according to McConnell.

Two bodies remain in the rubble

[19659002] Parts of the Hard Rock Hotel collapsed last Saturday. there, according to one of the village

Video footage shows workers coming out of a giant dust cloud as upper floors collapse and debris fill the street.

  Hard Rock Hotel Construction Site in New Orleans.

At least two people were killed and 30 hospitalized, authorities said.

Cantrell said she attended the funeral of Anthony Magret, 49, whose body was removed from the facility Sunday. . Cantrel stressed the importance of finding and removing the two bodies that authorities believe are still in the rubble.

Documents and documents from contractors' offices at the hotel were collected and stored in evidence, Cantrell said.

Ten injured in collapse are being sued by construction companies

Ten people who were injured were tried Thursday.

The lawsuit accuses construction companies of "not taking reasonable care in planning, evaluating, and monitoring the construction of the collapsed structure." He also states that "it was obvious that the structural supports in the building were insufficient to support the weight of the concrete slabs upstairs."

"The main objective is to get to the bottom of exactly what has happened, and make sure that nothing like this has ever happened again, "said the plaintiffs' lawyer.

CNN's Jamiel Lynch contributed to this report.


Source link