Andrew Cuomo’s prosecutor, Lindsay Boylan, reacted quickly Saturday night after two other women filed sexual assault charges against New York Governor for Democrats.
“Resign, disgusting monster,” Boylan wrote on Twitter.
Boylan, 36, a former Kuomo aide, was the first prosecutor to go public, writing an essay on the Medium website last month quoting Kuomo, who told her, “Let’s play strip poker,” among other allegations. Boylan is running for president of Manhattan in New York.
Claims followed from Charlotte Bennett, 25, another former Kuomo aide, and Anna Roach, 33, a woman who met Cuomo at a wedding in 201
NEW FORMER CUOMO AID ACCUSED OF A SEX FOR SEXUAL GETTING REPORTED IN THE “DIMLY LIT HOTEL ROOM”
Then the two newest prosecutors came out on Saturday.
Karen Hinton, a former Kuomo press aide, described being invited to Kuomo’s hotel room in 2000, when the Democrat was Bill Clinton’s secretary for housing and urban development. Cuomo hugged her, but she pulled away and left, she told The Washington Post.
Anna Lis, another former Kuomo aide, claims the governor touched her inappropriately and kissed her hand, and asked questions about his personal life. The governor made her feel “just gender,” she told The Wall Street Journal.
PROSECUTORS OF ANDREW CUOMO: WOMEN WHO MADE SEXUAL TERMS OF TERMINATION AGAINST US
After Hinton and Liss shared their stories, Boylan tweeted in support.
“Thank you Karen Hinton for boldly sharing your story of how our boss, one of the most powerful men in the country, uses his power to harass you,” Boylan wrote. “I send you love. I am with you. We are with you.”
Then later, “I’m very proud of Anna Lis. She’s brave and talks about me,” Boylan wrote.
“It’s extremely destructive that our boss, the governor of New York, treated us that way,” Boylan added.
In a statement issued by the governor regarding the first three allegations, he said: “At work, I think I’m playful and I make jokes that I think are funny. Sometimes I tease people with what I think is good – … Now I understand that my interactions may have been insensitive or too personal, and that some of my comments, given my position, made others feel in ways I never intended to. which I said were misinterpreted as unwanted flirtation. As far as anyone felt, I sincerely regret it. “
On Saturday, governor’s spokesmen issued the following statements regarding Hinton and Lis’s claims:
“That didn’t happen,” Cuomo spokesman Peter Ajemian said of Hinton’s allegations. “Karen Hinton is a well-known antagonist to the governor, who is trying to take advantage of this moment to win cheap points with fictional claims from 21 years ago. All women have the right to go out and tell their story – but that is also the responsibility of the press. to consider self-motivation. That’s reckless. “
Click here to get the FOX NEWS app
In response to the refusal of the office in Cuomo, Hinton said that “the attack on the prosecutor is the classic game book of powerful men who are trying to defend themselves.”
In response to Lis’s account, Cuomo spokesman Richard Azopardi told The Wall Street Journal: “Reporters and photographers have been covering the governor for 14 years, watching him kiss men and women and pose for photos. In the public mansion of the open house. there are hundreds of people and he poses for hundreds of photos. That’s what people in politics do. “
Bree Stimson and Morgan Phillips of Fox News contributed to this story.