Police arrested the suspect Tuesday, and their role and other information is expected to be discussed at a press conference scheduled for Wednesday, a local law enforcement official told CNN.
A day before the arrest, CNN received documents from a Dominican court that identified the person charged with the strike for an impact attempt like Alberto Miguel Rodriguez Motta.
Rodriguez Motta is the newest suspect, whom the authorities described as a "complicated" plot to kill his beloved former Boston.
What we know about a man who claims to have paid for a strike
The police are looking for Rodriguez Motta, who is facing attempted murder on the case.
Rodriguez Motta met another suspect, Gabriel Alexander Perez Vitzano, to discuss a plan a week before Ortiz's murder, according to the indictment.
According to court documents, Ciprián and colleague Carlos Alvarez helped coordinate the shooting and handed out $ 7,800 to "sicarios" or murderers.
On the day of shooting Ciprián was written from his prison. Photo of Ortiz of Perez Viccaino, also known as El Hueso or Kost, according to court documents.
Then Perez Vitzano met a "criminal group" at a gas station to show them the photo of the person they had to "liquidate", according to the indictment.
On Monday, Peres Vitzano was given a year of detention on remand during a court hearing, according to Jose Hoopelman, a lawyer for David Ortiz.
It's unclear why Rodriguez Motta would pay nearly $ 8,000 for murder. Ortiz or if he acted on behalf of someone else.
Ortiz was at the crowded bar in Santo Domingo on the night of June 9, when a shooter entered, pulled out a 9-millimeter Browning and shot him once
The accused shooter, Rolfie Ferreira Cruz, escaped the crime scene on foot. The alleged escape driver, Eddy Vladimir Felis Garcia, stopped his motorcycle as he tried to escape. An enraged mob hit him before handing him over to the police.
In addition to Rodriguez Mota, the police said they were also looking for the unnamed leader and other suspect, Luis Alfredo Rivas-Class, who goes under the nickname "El Zuyriano" or "The Surgeon."
It is unclear whether any of them
So far, 11 suspects have been arrested and charged
Many of the accused come from poor neighborhoods and appear to be infantry in a suspected conspiracy
against one of the greatest athletes that the Dominican Republic has ever produced
of them denied attendance as masked officers who gathered them for a court hearing Friday, and at the hearing a judge ordered nine of the suspects to stay in prison for at least one year while they were waiting for a trial
Patrick Oppmann from CNO by Santo Domingo and Emanuela Grinberg writes from Atlanta. CNN's John Hallam contributed to this report.