FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
January 12, 2021
COLOMBIA, South Carolina – To provide additional information before tomorrow, when those aged 70 and over can start scheduling COVID-19 vaccinations, please see below.
- Starting on Wednesday, January 13, those aged 70 and over can start planning COVID-19 vaccination meetings in places that are currently receiving vaccine appointments.
- DHEC online map at scdhec.gov/vaxlocator will be live on Wednesday, January 13th. This online map will show places that currently accept COVID-19 vaccine meetings and the map will provide contact information for scheduling meetings at these places. The card itself is not a way to schedule an appointment.
- From January 13, people can also call DHEC̵
- Meetings must be scheduled; walks may not be able to get vaccinated.
- You will be asked to provide a driver’s license or other form of identity at the agreed time, which confirms your age to receive the vaccine.
- Staying in South Carolina is not a vaccine requirement.
- The phone line for scheduling appointments for each location may be open at different times of the day. This is not determined by DHEC.
- Currently, South Carolina, like all states, has limited supply of the COVID-19 vaccine. Some places that offer a vaccine may not have a meeting for a few weeks, depending on their supply of vaccines. Services receive vaccine doses each week from the federal government.
- People are encouraged to plan their second shot as soon as possible. It is important that people receive both doses of the same brand of vaccine to ensure that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
For the latest updates and information on the COVID-19 vaccine, visit scdhec.gov/vaxfacts.