A 12-year-old girl from Indiana, who is on vacation with her family in Florida, has been provided with rare bacteria that eat months to recover. The CBS affiliate WKRG-TV reported that Brown's family went to a beach in Destin earlier this month when Kylei fell dramatically ill.
After arriving in Florida after several tumultuous days, they were clearly on the beach on June 9th. warned them and others that it is still dangerous to enter – and only allowed people to go to the knee, according to WKRG-TV. Taking the most out of the situation, the family, including Kylei, went into the water and had fun.
Her mother, Michelle Brown, told WKRG-TV that the next day she had pain in her right calf, assuming it was only a Charlie horse. Pain continues to grow and prevents her from going.
"At that point I had to put it on my back and carry it around," Brown explained.
When they returned to Indianapolis, a doctor told Michelle to take her daughter to emergency help. After the girl took MRI, Brown said the doctors had noticed that the infection was "spreading and fasting" through her body.
According to WKRG-TV, doctors noticed an infection between Kyle's knee and diagnosed her with necrotizing fasciitis, seldom Browne said that Kyle is already at home, but still faces more surgery, treatments, and physical therapy to be able to walk again. For Brown, all the questions are that her daughter is alive.
In a post on Facebook warning other parents, Brown says Kylie is sick of the disease after he cut her while she visits Pomamano Beach in Florida. "I wanted to share her story in the hope that it could help someone else."