Home https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ Sport https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ Dolphins Cut Mark Walton, Cite Another Police Incident

Dolphins Cut Mark Walton, Cite Another Police Incident

DAVIE, Florida – The Miami Dolphins have given up running back Mark Walton after being alerted to a police question about a second player this morning.

The 22-year-old Walton went through two games of four – temporarily suspending the league for violating NFL policy and drug abuse related to his three arrests during the January-March season. Following these incidents, he was released by the Bengals in Cincinnati, and the Miami Dolphins gave him another chance to sign him in May.

Initially, the Dolphins expected Walton to return after they had stopped him, but immediately released him after his latest incident with police, details of which are still unknown.

"We hold our players to a high standard and take these matters very seriously. We will have no further comments at this time, "said general manager Chris Grieux.

Mark Walton, who runs the Dolphins with 201 rushing yards with an average of 3.8 yards per carry, was denied Tuesday after Miami learned of another police incident related to running back. Steve Mitchell-USA TODAY Sports

The Dolphins are now likely to be in the market for a new lead starting in 2020. Kalen Balage took that role in Walton's absence with little success, averaging just 1.9 yards wearing Patrick Laird and Miles Gaskin received limited reps behind Balage. The Trio along with De Lance Turner will carry the load for the rest of the season.

Walton, selected for the fourth round in 2018 by the University of Miami, leads the Dolphins with 201 rushing yards with 3.8 yards per carry average. He also has 15 receptions for 89 yards.

Walton received a six-month probationary period as part of an August plea agreement to settle his three off-court cases. Walton's probation was later released after completing court conditions. Walton's lawyer, Michael Gottlieb, said his client was charged in August with a felony charge of carrying a concealed weapon since his arrest in March, alleging a minor misconduct after he did not dispute. Walton was arrested after a car chase with police. The plea deal reduced his maximum prison sentence from five years to 60 days.

Walton also pleaded guilty to resisting arrest and reckless driving and was charged with marijuana violation in the same incident in March. As part of the deal, Walton also had a drug charge in an incident in January and a battery charge in an incident in February. Walton also had to attend a driving school after a request for reckless driving.

Source link