قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ Health https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ During a kayaking trip, man negotiates flesh-eating bacteria An Alabama man is "struggling for his life" because of the infection with bacteria that eat during a weekend kayaking trip – according to his wife who shared horrible social media pictures to warn others of the rare disease.

During a kayaking trip, man negotiates flesh-eating bacteria An Alabama man is "struggling for his life" because of the infection with bacteria that eat during a weekend kayaking trip – according to his wife who shared horrible social media pictures to warn others of the rare disease.



19659002] Ricky Rutherford and his wife Cassie, from Waterloo – along with their families and friends – went to Kayak in Winter Creek on July 6, reports WAFF 48.

Two days later Ricky went to work and taken home at a temperature of 103 with leg cramps, according to the station. He works in a warehouse, so he assumes he just feels the effects of working on his feet in the heat, the store said.

So he went back to work the next day – but he could barely walk when he got home.

"When he gets undressed, he finds his leg red and swollen," Cassie published on Facebook. "Immediately last night we went to the emergency room and told us that it was possible that the cellulite was made by our kayaking Saturday and treated with IV antibiotics and sent him home with two more. They told him if there was any change to come back. "But the next morning things got worse ̵

1; with Ricky's 105th fever," his wife said. So the couple rushed back to the emergency room. This is when doctors suspect that it is a meat-eating bacterium and conducts some tests.

Ricky went into surgery on Friday and the doctors cleared a piece of foot from 5 to 6 inches, Cassie said.

Until Monday, crops confirm that carnivorous bacteria – or necrotizing fasciitis – are to blame.

"My husband fights for his life just because of this terrible thing! "What seemed like a normal fun activity that enjoyed the family has become a nightmare!"

Symptoms of the disease include a red or swollen area of ​​the skin that spreads rapidly, severe pain – even outside the infected area of ​​the skin – and fever, according to the CDC.

About 700 to 1200 cases of the disease have occurred each year in the United States since 2010.

Cassey told WAFF that her husband had no open cuts, scratches or wounds. – but the doctors told her it did not matter.

"There was nothing," she said. "But the doctors told us that this could be a microscopic hole in which it could enter and spread like this. It's hard to believe there was a group of us and my husband, who was the healthiest immune system out there, had that. He is never sick. He does not even have a doctor. To know that he has received this when the others are not crazy. "

Meanwhile, the family received support, with hundreds commenting on and sharing Cassie's views on Ricky's status. She used her exposure to warn others to be aware of the risks in the popular recreation area.

"I do not want anyone else to go through this," she told the store. "On Saturday I had to think about burying the love of my life. Nobody should experience this. Do not enter this water! Is not safe. Do not jeopardy your family for a day of fun. Right here in our backyard.


Source link