This transaction seems too good to be true. But that is not the case. During E3, Microsoft released a $ 1 discount instead of $ 14.99 for one month of its new Xbox Game Pass Ultimate service, which releases Xbox Live Gold (allowing for online play and throwing a few free titles a month) and its Pass Pass (similar to Netflix for games) in one subscription. But there is a way to make it a much better deal – and it does not seem to be a bug. You can get your Xbox Game Pass for up to 36 months for free.
According to Microsoft's Frequently Asked Questions, "For the benefit of insider information when joining the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate to provide feedback, we will apply the prepaid time you have on Xbox Live Gold, the Xbox Game Pass, or both to the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, up to a maximum of 36 months. "
This is the key thing you need to find out: if you have an existing Xbox Live Gold subscription, whatever time left to subscribe to gold is automatically turned in Game Pass Ultimate when you apply the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate 1-month-for-a $ 1 deal in a profile and your Microsoft.
Here's what you get with Ultimate:
- More than 100 Xbox One game games, with new added often (see full list of Xbox Game Pass titles here)
- The new currently in beta. (You just download the Xbox Game Pass for PC (beta) for Windows 10 application on your computer.)
- All Xbox Game Studios titles are available at no extra charge on the day of release
- This includes Gears 5: Ultimate Edition, which will release the Ultimate 4 days earlier when it appears on .
- "Gold Games" Xbox titles (even more free games added periodically).
- Online multiplayer
How to get to the deal
Most of this information comes from this Slickdeals thread, but in the last few hours we've tested it on two different profiles and works. But there seem to be so many people who take advantage of the deal that Microsoft's servers are hard to support: We saw about 404 pages and had problems closing the second transaction.
Keep in mind that CNET may receive a share of the revenue from the sale of the services included on this page and that your mileage may vary. This deal is supposed to be available through E3 (which runs through Thursday), but Microsoft may suspend or change the deal at any time.
When these warnings are in place, follow these steps to maximize the deal.
- Start from the main page of your Microsoft account.
- Go to the Services & Subscriptions tab at the top of the page – this will show what you are currently subscribed to (or not).
- Before applying a 1-month 1-dollar deal for your account, extend your Xbox Live Gold subscription by purchasing additional months.
- You can get 12 months of Live Gold for $ 60, although there are a few live deals that can lead to less than $ 50 in 12 months (CD Keys, Rakuten and Costco). Some people also have Microsoft Rewards, which can transform live months into live gold. (Take separate codes of 6 or 12 months, but choose the last one when possible.)
- You will want to reach June 17, 2022 as the expiration date of Xbox Live Gold
- : Yes, you've already spent $ 180 in 3 years on Xbox Live Gold ($ 60 x 3). But anyway you would have spent that.
- You can get an extra month of Xbox Live Gold when you turn on auto-renewal (recurring invoicing) when you add months to your account. Once you have entered the 12 months gold code you have purchased, you should be given the option.
- In your account settings, check when your Xbox Live Gold subscription needs to expire. Again, this is in the Services & Subscriptions section.
- Once you confirm that you have expanded your Xbox Live Gold subscription to the desired amount, click the $ 1 1-month link for a Game Pass Ultimate deal.
- Once a
- transaction is applied to your account, your Xbox Live Gold subscription will be converted into Game Pass Ultimate – and the game Ultim Ultimate must be available for the duration of your Gold Gold subscription. You will not have to pay anything for up to 36 months.
- After any date of the validity of the Pass Ultimate game you will have to pay $ 14.99 a month to continue.
- You may choose not to automatically renew your Game Pass Ultimate subscription
- If you choose not to continue with the Pass Ultimate game, you can only subscribe to Xbox Live Gold.
So again: You may have spent more than $ 180, plus one extra buck. But: Based on Xbox Live Gold, which costs $ 5 a month to be used against the undiscovered Game Pass Ultimate, which costs $ 15, your savings could potentially reach $ 360 ($ 10 x 36 months).
Xbox servers seem to have strained under volume
Again, that worked for us, but we had problems with the second record on Monday afternoon due to the heavy volume of Microsoft servers. (After adding the Xbox Live Gold codes to a web browser, we had to buy the $ 1 Game Pass Ultimate plug-in in the Xbox itself because the browser did not send us a confirmation code ("There's a temporary service problem So this is a little complicated deal but if you own an Xbox and have already subscribed to Xbox Live Gold and plan to continue with it, this is an easy way to get a Game Pass. Of course, you should be willing to pay now to expand the Xbox Live Gold service,
CNET may receive a commission from retail offers.