MEDISON (WKOW) – Democratic Gov. Tony Evers (D-WI) has joined his Democratic counterparts in Michigan and Minnesota to write a letter accusing US Secretary of Health and Social Services Alex Hazard of misleading states. from vaccine doses.
The letter is based on a report Friday from Washington Post. The report found that the reserve, which the upset heads of state believe is being held for a second reception, actually came out in late December.
“It has become clear that the Trump administration has not only abolished the release of a safe and effective vaccine against COVID-19,” the letter said, signed by Evers, Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D-MI) and Gov. Tim Walz (D-MN). ). “But also that the American people have been misled by these delays.”
The letter cites a letter last week from the governors of nine countries asking the HHS for millions of reserve doses.
According to the letter, Azar agreed to release the reserved doses last week, even though they had already disappeared.
Governors cited Pzifer’s announcement Thursday that millions of doses are waiting to be stored, but have not received guidance from the federal government on where to go.
“If you are unable or unwilling to provide us with this supply, we urge you to provide it
permission to purchase vaccines directly so that we can distribute them as quickly as possible to residents of Michigan, Wisconsin and Minnesota, “the letter said.
The governors also wrote that they also understand that the federal government has not yet paid for all the doses set aside for the United States.
“We urge the Trump administration to
buy as many doses of the safe and effective vaccine as possible, “the letter said.” So we can work together to get more shots in the coming weeks. “
The full letter is available here.