UPDATE 2: The developer of Fortnite Epic Games has revealed more about the 14.30 update.
In an email sent to fans, Epic announced plans to introduce a new Rally Royale LTM.
The car-based time limit mode allows players to reach the finish line in the fastest time possible, collecting tickets at all times.
Elsewhere, combat rifles have received a boost, making them more powerful at all distances.
According to various Fortnite leaks, Galactus can now be seen on the Challenge table map (see below), while various Halloween skins will be released in the coming weeks.
UPDATE: The downtime on the Fortnite server for the 14.30 update started on PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PC and Android.
The offline server is expected to stay for several hours, which means that the game will return online at 1
ORIGINAL: The developer of Fortnite Epic Games has released a brand new update for PS4, Xbox One, PC, Nintendo Switch and Android.
The Fortnite 14.30 update fixes a bunch of issues in Battle Royale, Mobile, Creative and Save the World.
It is also likely to introduce new features in the game, including card changes, new bosses and more. Express Online will have a complete list of notes for corrections when the update starts.
Unfortunately, since this is a numbered update, not just a hotfix, the 14.30 hotfix will coincide with a server downtime.
Fortnite’s servers will be offline at 9:00 BST for fans in the UK. Players are usually not allowed to join the games for about 30 minutes before the stay, before everyone is expelled at 9 o’clock.
There is no official deadline for server maintenance, but it usually stays offline for a few hours.
“Attention, heroes and villains!” Reads a tweet from Epic Games.
“V14.30 is scheduled for release tomorrow, October 13. The residence time of the patch will start at 4 AM ET (08:00 UTC).
We may be stretching here, but “Heads Up” in the tweet may hint at the appearance of Galactus.
The Devourer of Worlds has been used in marketing materials for season 4, so the appearance is inevitable, the only question is when.
The Marvel supervillain has already sent Gatherer drones to Fortnite Island, while Silver Surfer appeared earlier this season.
If not Galactus, then fans can expect another Marvel character to appear as the boss, following similar to Doctor Doom, Iron Man and Wolverine.
It can be assumed that the map will be updated with one or two new areas and we will not be surprised if a new weapon joins the game.
The Fortnite 14.30 update will also add the next wave of challenges to the game, as well as new skins and shopping items.
According to the correction notes below, the upcoming Fortnite update also solves the sound problem with the Last Forever emotion. This is on top of fixes for card marker issues and more.
Fortnite update 14.30 early notes for full size adjustments …
• Audio from Last Forever Emote playback, even with muted licensed sound.
– The audio from Last Forever Emote can continue to play even when the licensed sound is muted in the audio settings.
TOP BATTLE ROYALE QUESTIONS:
• Placing a marker on the card cancels the movement.
– Opening the card and placing a marker will cancel the player’s held movements, which will require them to be re-entered.
MOBILE TOP PROBLEMS:
• The XP bar may be visually incorrect while in a match. Improper alignment.
– We know that a problem that can sometimes occur on mobile devices, including XP from the punch card bar, is visually incorrect in the match. This can make players look level during the match, even if they really aren’t. In these cases, please refer to the XP bar in the lobby for an accurate display.
SAVE THE WORLD ISSUES:
• Sword of the Daywalker has incorrect swing animation.
– Currently, the pickup “Sword of the Denwalker” uses the animation for swinging with two hands.
• Xbox Homeshare players do not have access to STW.
– Players who play Save the World at home may not be able to play Fortnite Save the World.