Kane County health officials are investigating the source of a legionnaire epidemic that sent four community residents to retire from Batavia at the hospital.
The Kane County Health Department was notified late Thursday that four residents of the Convention live in Holmstad had been hospitalized with confirmed legionnaires' illnesses, said Susan Stack, a departmental public information officer. She did not know on Saturday whether the four residents were still in the hospital.
Legionnaires' disease is a serious lung infection that is spread by breathing small droplets of water containing Legionella bacteria, according to the health department. Outbreaks are most commonly associated with buildings or other structures, such as cruise ships, with complex water systems.
Stack said investigators at the health department have been in the covenant of living since Thursday night and have not yet identified the source. "They overcome everything with a fine-tooth comb," said Stack. and Communications of the Lifetime Agreement, and employees plan to hold a meeting Tuesday to allow residents to ask questions.
The company said in a news release that its top priority is residents' well-being and all precautions are being taken measures recommended by the Ministry About the County of Kane Health and the Illinois Department of Public Health, the Life Agreement adheres to a rigorous water treatment plan to deal with Legionella, which includes regular testing and treatment of water sources, according to the Communication.
"They are a great company to work with, and they handle it."
Stack said that Legionnaires' disease does not spread through human contact, so no is a danger to the community st
Eylts declined to comment on whether the cherished life has restricted access of visitors to the community for retirement with an area of 38 acres. Stack said that probably every visitor would have very limited exposure, if any, to the Legionella bacterium.
In other recent local outbreaks, health officials announced in mid-August that they had confirmed two cases involving a hotel in Schaumburg; last November, there were three cases confirmed in the community of senior residents in McHenry.