Saturday marks FSU’s third home game of the season. They are 1-1 with a loss of Georgia Tech and victory over Jacksonville State in Tallahassee. Tar Heels are on the road for only the second time this season after winning in Boston College to open October.
This is the second consecutive week in which Seminoles play a team in the Top 5. Last week, when FSU lost at Our lady, The fighting Irish were ranked 5th in the country. This week Tar Heels claim this place. This is only the second time in the program’s history that the FSU will face a top 5 opponent in consecutive weeks. The only other time FSU has played top 5 opponents in consecutive weeks is 1980, when Seminoles played at number 3. Nebraska on October 4 and then hosted number 4 Pete on October 11th. Also, in 1991, FSU hosted №2 Miami on November 16 and thereafter after an open date played under number 5 Florida on November 30.
FSU leads the all-time series against Tar Heels, 15-3-1, but has lost two straight from them, with both games taking place in Tallahassee (2010, 2016). FSU is 7-2-1 overall in Tallahassee against North Carolina.
The Seminoles are hosting North Carolina for the third time in a row. FSU is only the seventh team in ACC history to play three consecutive home games against a conference rival. First, since Clemson hosted Wake Forest every year from 1983 to 1985.
He marks the head coach of FSU Mike Norwellis the first meeting against North Carolina. North Carolina head coach Mack Brown, enjoying his second service at Chapel Hill, is looking for his first-ever win against Seminoles. Brown is all-time 0-9 against his alma mater, including 0-6 in North Carolina against the Seminoles.
5:32 – FSU can’t do anything with the blocked pin. Seminoles come out 3 or more and have to take it out.
7:06 – UNC has to punt again. It is blocked again. This time defensive devices Marvin Wilson he took a hand. FSU will start on the 29-yard line.
10:23 – FSU should punt after making a 3-out.
11:25 – North Carolina’s second possession ends with a pound after a 3-out.
12:40 – FSU immediately turns their short field position into a 23-yard touchdown by a quarterback Jordan Travis at the first insulting click in the game. The Seminoles have a 7-0 lead. Accentuate here.
12:47 – FSU forces a shot. It is blocked by running backwards Jak’hi Douglas and returned 18 yards to the 23-yard backback line DeCallon Brooks.
15:00 – FSU starts for North Carolina
Expected starting lineups
Here are the announced starting lineups. They will be updated at startup:
Protection: ON Joshua Kaindo, DT Marvin Wilson, DT Robert Cooper, ON Janarius Robinson, LB Emmett Rice, LB Stephen Dix Jr., DB Jarvis Brownley, CB Akeem Dent, С Renardo Green, С Jaiden Lars-Woodbey, CB Asante Samuel Jr.
Violation: QB Jordan Travis, RB La’Damian Webb, RB Yashaun Corbin, WR Ontario Wilson, WR Warren Thompson, TE Cameron MacDonald, LT Devontai Love-Taylor, LG Donte Lucas, ° C Maurice Smith, RG Baveon Johnson, RT Robert Scott Jr.
Specialists: K Ryan Fitzgerald, P Alex Mastromano, LS Gareth Murray, LS Grant Glennon, H Tommy Martin
More notes from before the game
– The game will start at 19:49. This is an updated time.
– Those who are not dressed include: WR Tamorion Terry, TE Jordan Wilson, OL Zane Hering, DL TJ Davis, DL Jarrett Jackson, DT Fabien Lovett, DT True Thompson, CB Put Jones down, DB Carlos Becker, DB Demori Tate, С Hamsah Nasirildeen (all of which were noticed)
– The offensive line of the first team, from left to right, is expected to be Devontai Love-Taylor,, Donte Lucas,, Maurice Smith,, Baveon Johnson and Robert Scott Jr.
– Linebacker Stephen Dix Jr. it seems to start all over again Leonard Warner in the middle line.
– Protective devices Dennis Briggs is dressed and warms up. He resigned earlier this season, but now seems to have returned to the team.
– Protective devices True Thompson does not heat up. He is not expected to be available in the evening.
– Protective back Travis Jaywho has missed the last two games is dressed and warmed up.
– Protective back Put Jones down not visible during warm-ups.
– Safety Hamsah Nasirildeen not dressed for the game tonight.
– One change to the flip chart depth is this wide receiver Jordan Young has replaced Tamorion Terry of the depth diagram and is in situation -or- with Warren Thompson and Kentron Poitiers.
“Speaking of Terry, he was on the sidelines before the game, using crutches to get around.”
– Before the warm-ups before the game, the FSU is expected to go with the same offensive line for which they chose Our lady. Offensive means Darius Washington remains difficult to injure. Washington is dressed and available in the evening.
“The chief judge is Dwayne Hyde.”
– FSU wears its traditional garnet and gold uniforms.
– NFL teams presented tonight include Chicago Bears, Atlanta Falcons, San Francisco 49ers and Jaguars Jacksonville. Reese’s Senior Bowl is also presented.
“Quarterback.” Jordan Travis, who was hit last week against Notre Dame, says it’s good to go 100%.
– Colleague quarterback Chuba Farty is expected to be available today. This will mark his debut with Seminoles if he goes out on the field.
– FSU will be without starting a wide receiver Tamorion Terrywho underwent a knee procedure this week. This operation was successful. Now the question is who will join FSU with Terry removed?
– We are yet to find out whether the defensive back Hamsah Nasirildeen will make his debut today or if a colleague in defense Travis Jay may return from injury. Also, another player that we will watch to see if he is available in the pre-game is an offensive decision. Darius Washingtonwho missed last week due to injury. The FSU depth chart, from Monday, for today’s game can be found here.
– Another storyline that needs to be followed in the preliminary game is if FSU takes any defensive moves to shake things up and try to get better results as they were terrible on this side of the ball in the first its four games for the season.
– The head of FSU of Uplifting Athlets today held a Touchdown Drive. For more details on this click here.
Noles247.com will provide updates in the comments section of the article throughout the game. Updates will include staff notes, injury news, game-by-game, statistics and more.