قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ World https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ Hong Kong protests: police gunfire, mosque blue paint, tear gas

Hong Kong protests: police gunfire, mosque blue paint, tear gas

Protesters vandalized the business, seen as a supporter of Beijing, threw hammer cocktails at police stations, set fire to barricades and smashed subway stations into chaotic scenes that became known to the city after five months of constant protest.

The huge turnout, estimated by organizers of about 350,000, including families, children and the elderly, showed that the movement maintained widespread support in the increasingly violent tactics of protesters and the escalating use of force by police.

The marches made a sea of ​​colorful umbrellas through the narrow streets of Kowloon's urban area lined with malls and international hotels. Some waved Catalan flags in solidarity with the protests over independence in that region of Spain.

Unlike previous demonstrations, tension escalated rapidly, with collisions erupting long before sunset. By late afternoon, protesters tossed cocktails and hammer bricks into police stations.

In a demonstration of their increasing complexity, protesters also produced power tools to punch metal railings into road surfaces for healthier barricades to contain

Hong Kong authorities said violent protests. In a statement issued shortly after midnight, the government said police had seized a vehicle with "a large number of petrol bombs" and "suspected explosive items" had been found throughout the city. No explosives have been reported to have been detonated.

"Representatives of the public should not violate the law by participating in unregulated processions and meetings to prevent the riots from committing crimes," the government said. [1

9659002] Months of protests began in opposition to a bill that would allow extradition to mainland China. The Hong Kong government said the legislation was withdrawn in response to the brutal murder of a young Hong Kong woman by her boyfriend in Taiwan. Since then, he has voluntarily surrendered to the Taiwanese authorities, despite the absence of an extradition treaty.

The protests swelled into a total rejection of Hong Kong leaders, who many said acted only in Beijing's interest and revived the demand for direct elections in semi-autonomous territory.

"We don't care if they approve the hike or not. Our fight for justice in the face of tyranny continues anyway, "said Victor, 24, who returned to his hometown of New Zealand to participate in the protest. "The movement is spreading everywhere, all over the world."

The protest came Sunday after the leader of the Human Rights Front, Jimmy Sham, was attacked by a group of men wearing hammers in the Mong Kok neighborhood.

The beating left Sham, who is running for a seat in next month's local elections, taking to the streets and covered in blood. For the second time in recent months, it has been targeted. He was released from the hospital on Sunday, but will continue to need medical treatment and physical therapy.

"The message was clear that some or some of the behind-the-scenes forces are trying to threaten protest organizers and activists for democracy," said Eric Lai, Vice President of the Human Rights Front. "We cannot determine who is behind the attacks, but the goal is to create a chilling effect on those who demand justice."

The CHRF, founded in September 2002 in opposition to proposed national security legislation, is an umbrella. . an organization made up of several civil society groups. While the protest movement remained leaderless and largely decentralized, the group played a major role in organizing the largest marches.

Online rumors that Sham's attackers appear to have been South Asian have raised fears that ethnic minorities may be targeted for repression. In response, protesters are calling for more information about non-Chinese Hong Kong people and to remain vigilant against attempts to incite violence against them.

Volunteers, minorities, protesters and others stood at the door to the Kowloon Mosque during the protest, holding signs. urging people not to attack people or buildings of ethnic minority background. While some were making provisions, others were chanting and passing marches cheered them up.

But just a few hours later, a police truck unleashed a cascade of blue water into the mosque, hitting the people who were guarding it. Blue paint is used to identify protesters.

Passers-by are suffocating and vomiting, and the mosque's steps are painted blue. Philip Khan, a prominent Muslim community businessman standing in front of the mosque, called the act an "insult to Islam".

"This is ridiculous. The police just went crazy, "said Jeremy Tam, a Democrat, with blue-colored trousers and shoes, his eyes bloodshot. "We came here to protect the mosque from protesters, but it was the police who did it.

"Why do such a scene when it was just peaceful? "

Nawaz, a 36-year-old Pakistani man who has lived in Hong Kong for 25 years, showed up to see the blue-tinged color after the cannon had gone past.

"I have such a bad feeling seeing this," he said. "This is our religion. How can they do this? Only the police put pressure on us, not the protesters. "Like others, he refused to give his last name for fear of a reaction from the authorities.

Police said in a statement later that the mosque was "accidentally affected" and they had "Immediately contacted the chief imam and leaders of the Muslim community to" clarify the situation and express concern.

Tense scenes unfolded in front of the Tsim Sha Tsui Police Department by early afternoon, as protesters marched along chanting chants calling for police gangsters and demanding the force be dissolved. Police use of force has become a major complaint for many in Hong Kong who say officers act with impunity to suppress traffic.

A protestor urinates at the gates of the station, and police shoot tear gas to disperse the crowd. Tear gas was pouring into the Women's Market, a popular tourist attraction, sending unsecured stalls and buyers looking to cover themselves. Some of them were supported by protesters and volunteers.

Many protesters, faced with the possibility of being thrown into the police force, have taken refuge in small businesses that support protests or linger in crowded restaurants, cafes and bars where they can change their clothes and wait for Telegram reports to show how they can escape safely by evading police.

The protest on Sunday, originally planned to oppose a recently enacted law
the ban on the use of face masks in public meetings continued for hours from the starting point in Qim Sha Tsui. On April 27, her friend William, 29, stood near a park where protesters first gathered. The couple said they were restrained from marrying or having children out of concern for Hong Kong and being able to raise children in a city where Beijing's grip is tightening.

"The situation for future generations is deteriorating very fast. We are really worried," April said. "If we do not fight today, there will be no future generation."

As night fell around Kowloon Mosque, a group of volunteers began clearing pools of caustic blue dye, using towels to remove them from the metal gates and brooms of the mosque to sweep them into the sewer. Some were pulling while they worked, but the crowd of volunteers grew over time.

Source link