Home https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ US https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ How pro-Trump Rioter Rosanne Boyland died during the Capitol attacks

How pro-Trump Rioter Rosanne Boyland died during the Capitol attacks

Rosana Boyland, a 34-year-old Trump supporter from Georgia who died in the January 6 attack on the Capitol, appears to have been killed in a crackdown on colleagues who exploded while trying to fight across a police line, according to videos reviewed by The Times.

Although the videos were widely circulated, Ms. Boyland’s presence in them had gone unnoticed until now, and the manner of her death had previously been unclear. The videos show her body on the ground right in front of a door on the west side of the Capitol, which was the scene of the worst violence of the day.

Her clothes and the backpack strap in the videos match those she saw her wearing in a photo she took earlier that day, and two witnesses, one of whom tried to help her, told similar accounts of her death.

This is how the fatal impulse developed.

At about 2:30 p.m., rebels on the west side of the Capitol made their way through rows of police officers from the capital’s police and rushed to the second-level promenade. There, they headed for a door and tunnel traditionally used by presidents when they showed up for their opening, hoping to break through the Capitol.

As soon as the crowd entered the tunnel, they were greeted by a riot control line. Even when they started pushing, a rebel could be heard on a video warning: “Stop pushing, someone will get hurt.”

Within half an hour, the corridor was filled with rebels. Around 2:50 p.m., independent photojournalist John Farina came in and began filming.

The crowd, which can be seen together in a dangerous cat, attacked officers and tried to use the weight of their combined bodies to push the officers back, involving many people in the process. Both sides filled the air with chemical irritating sprays that fired back and forth.

The battle inside continued for another hour as the newcomers eagerly joined the line of rebels who marched into the crowded corridor to replace those who had been wounded or tired. Somewhere among those newcomers, though not seen on video, were Mrs. Boyland and her friend Justin Winchel, who had accompanied her to the protest.

At 4:09 p.m., the crowd could be seen making a new push toward the door. Less than a minute later, police repelled and the crowd was seen coming down the door and down the stairs. Mr. Winchel, in a bright blue hooded sweatshirt, is visible right at the top of the steps.

For the next seven minutes, he could be seen pulling people, appearing to be looking for Mrs. Boyland as the rebels continued to walk out the door. There is a lull in the fighting and the crowd chants “I can’t breathe!” – a collective cry of Black Lives Matter protests.

It is not clear from the videos whether Ms. Boyland was alive at the time, but two rebels – one with a stick and the other with a crutch – launched a new attack on police at 4:17 p.m., making it virtually impossible for police to harass her. help, if they managed to notice it at all.

Boyland is seen in a video lying on the side in front of the door, her black hooded sweatshirt, arm and face partially visible as the men collide with the police above her.

In the chaos, two men spotted Mrs. Boyland on the ground and pulled her out the door.

The men exposed Mrs. Boyland to the steps and tried to resuscitate her. At least two people can be seen in a video providing CPR. At the top of the steps, another man in a purple jacket can be seen apparently negotiating with the police so that the riots can be assisted by Ms. Boyland.

About two and a half minutes after she was pulled from the door, the men carried Mrs. Boyland back to the police line, even as other rebels continued to throw poles and other objects at police officers.

At least two people present during the brawl told on video how they saw a woman trampled in the crowd.

A man who broadcasts live under the name Villain Report said in a YouTube video posted on his channel that he saw a woman collapse from suffocation in the tunnel. The man said he tried to feel the woman’s pulse after she was pulled out of the door, but found nothing. A review of Times videos confirmed that he was among the men around Boyland’s body.

“By the time they decided to take the man and hand him over to a police officer, she had blue lips and blood was coming out of her nose,” he told the video. “I don’t think this man will be revived.”

In another video riot, identified as 25-year-old Edward Jacob Lang of Tusten, New York, he said he also saw a woman trampled in the tunnel.

In social media posts, Lang blamed police for the stabbing.

According to the Metropolitan Police Department, paramedics who responded to a call for emergency medical care in the Capitol arrived to find two Capitol police officers in the Rotunda, carrying out Ms. Boyland’s RPR, who officials said collapsed in protest. Metropolitan police declined to confirm whether the woman in the videos was Ms. Boyland, but said she was pronounced dead at a local hospital at 6:09 p.m. The chief medical expert in Washington, D.C., said the cause and manner of death Boyland are “on hold.”

Mr Winchell did not respond to a request for comment. Following the publication of this story for the first time, Ms Boyland’s sister told a Times reporter in a text message that she was happy to receive some answers, but that she now had “more questions”, such as why her sister had come so close. much to the point of violence.

The day after Ms. Boyland’s death, her son-in-law told reporters that he held President Trump accountable.

“Rosana was as passionate about her beliefs as many people,” he said. “I have never tried to be a political person, but I am personally convinced that the president’s words provoked a riot that killed four of his biggest fans last night.”

Nicholas Bogel-Burroughs contributed reporting. Christina Kelso contributed production.

Source link