Decorative and functional watches are a feature of the Apple Watch. It's pretty easy to pick one and make it look good. You can actually do it either from the watch itself or on your iPhone. And if you're tired of your current choices, you can always add a new one.
To your iPhone
To switch to a pre-installed clock:
- Open the Watch app. You will see a scrolling line of pre-installed clocks. Swipe left and right to find and tap the one you want to use or customize.
- Scroll down and tap Set as current watch face. Good to go.
Customizing your watch – in other words, changing the color, style, or any other aspect – will work a little different depending on the characteristics of each individual. However, the general idea is the same for all of them.
After tapping the face you want, swipe down to see which aspects you can tweak, and swipe forward to see what your choice is. For example, if you see an aspect of color, swipe forward to see the available color schemes of the face and touch the one you want to use.
If you want to change the clock icon that launches your watch application – what Apple calls " Complications "- Touch the menu item, scroll and select. Browse through the list of available positions, touching the ones you want to change, and selecting the list of Complications you want to use from the scroll list. When you have it right, go to the bottom of the screen and tap Set as current watch face.
To install a new clock:
- Open the watch application. You can see the faces already installed at the top of the screen.
- Touch the Face Gallery icon at the bottom center of the display. Scroll up and down and left and right to see the Apple Creative Award.
- Touch the one you want to add, change the settings a bit if you want, and tap Add. The new face will appear on your watch in no time.
To your clock
To switch to a pre-installed clock:
To change between your installed faces, just swipe left or right on the Watch screen. That is.
Customizing your watch is a little more complicated.
- Forces the screen. You will feel a vibration and the clock will go into Personalization mode.
- Swipe left and right to select the person you want to work on and touch Personalize.
What happens next depends on who you want to work with and how complicated it is.
Generally, faces have two or three design categories that you can change. Each category gets its own screen. The number of screens is indicated by the dots at the top of the display. You can move between categories by swiping left and right. The area you can change will be marked with a green outline and will usually be labeled.
To make a change (color, style, etc.), scroll through the available options by touching the area you want to change (if there is more than one area on the outlined display) and rotating the Digital Crown.
The last screen usually allows you to manage Complications. Things you can change are marked with circles. Tap on what you want to customize and scroll through the available Complications by rotating the crown.
When done, press the crown once (longer pressing will activate Siri so don't hold back) and you will be returned to the Customize screen.
Lower your wrist and you will use this custom watch. If you are not wearing the watch, press the crown or touch the screen once to return to the Personalization screen and again to return to normal mode.
To install a new clock screen:
- Forcibly tap the screen to enter Custom mode
- Swipe left until you see the "New" button. Touch.
- Either swipe up and down or rotate the crown to scroll through available faces. Touch the one you want to add and you're done. (You can customize it by following the instructions earlier in this article.)