MOORESVILLE, Ind. – The family holiday in Florida led to a week in the hospital for an Indiana family. Their 12-year-old daughter, Kylei, has received a life-threatening infection from the shore. "said Kyle's mother Michelle Brown.
At the end of her trip to Destin, Florida this month, Kylei began to feel pain in her leg. When the family returned to Indiana, the pain became a swelling and then a fever. Brown called and arranged a meeting with her doctor, but she did not realize how bad the situation was until the doctor put them in the emergency room. Riley, my anxiety has gone from 0 to 1
Brown said the doctors first thought that this could be a blood clot. She watched in horror that the condition of her daughters was getting worse.
Doctors soon discovered that Kylei had necrotizing fasciitis but had to have surgery to help eliminate the infection.
The infection is aggressive and life-threatening. According to the CDC, she kills 1 out of every 3 people who receive it. fast response and aggressive treatment, I would not, "said Brown.
The bacterium usually shrinks in water and enters an open wound. just a few days after scratching her on a skateboard.
"She started her wrinkle, fingered her fingers and almost cost her life," said Brown.
Now, at home, Kylie still has a needle in her hand for her antibiotics. is wrapped and she starts therapy to go back
"I told my mother that I want to be normal again with my leg," said Clayley, who wants other families to know the dangers and signs. other family vacations on the beach will not end with a tragedy. "It's hard to think about whether I waited another day or even more "We are just very happy."
The CDC says that if you have any open wounds, you should avoid spending time in hot tubs, swimming pools, and open waters
you have symptoms of infection, get immediate treatment