Apple released iOS 14.4 and iPadOS 14.4 to the general public later today after previous beta testing with developers and public beta users. The update brings changes to the Camera app, bug fixes to delay keyboard input, and more. Includes support for the new Apple Watch Unity dials.
Apple announced this announcement in a press release this morning, detailing new initiatives for Black History Month. We expect the update to be released around 13:00 ET / 10 am PT. Apple will also release watchOS 7.3 today.
IOS features 14.4
Apple says iOS 14.4 includes support for recognizing smaller QR codes in the Camera app, as well as the option to classify Bluetooth device types in Settings. Notably, the update also adds new notifications when your iPhone can̵
iOS 14.4 also includes several bug fixes related to HDR photography, the Messages app, and more. There is a keyboard slowdown solution, a problem that has plagued many iPhone users since iOS 14 was first released.
iOS 14.4 includes the following enhancements for your iPhone:
- Smaller QR codes can be recognized by the camera
- Ability to classify the Bluetooth device type in Settings for correct identification of audio notification headphones
- Notifications when your iPhone’s camera can’t be verified as a new, genuine Apple camera on iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro, and iPhone 12 Pro Max
This version also solves the following problems:
- Image artifacts can appear in HDR photos taken with the iPhone 12 Pro
- The fitness device may not display updated activity data
- Typing may be delayed and word suggestions may not appear on the keyboard
- The keyboard may not appear in the correct language in Messages
- Audio stories from the CarPlay News app may not resume after being paused for word of mouth or Siri
- Enabling the Access control switch may prevent you from answering phone calls from the lock screen
iOS 14.4 will be available to users via an on-air update in the Settings app later today. Just open the Settings app, select General, then select Software Update. As usual, if the update doesn’t appear immediately for download, keep checking, as it sometimes takes a while to spread to all users.
FTC: We use automatic income partnerships. More ▼.
See 9to5Mac on YouTube for more Apple news: