This story is part of our full coverage of the latest news from Apple Headquarters.
This new iPhone culture may come in different colors, but in terms of overall design, they look as striking as last year'siPhone XS Max and iPhone XR – night and all.
These three cameras at the back of the iPhone 11 Pro and Pro Max are Apple's biggest risks in a series that. For many, iPhone is the gold standard for designing smartphones and cutting-edge features like Face ID unlock, which Apple says is now faster than before. But despite the bread-and-butter features, such as support for the Wi-Fi 6, the iPhone 11 trio fails to push the envelope, relying instead on a major camera change and smaller enhancements to maintain momentum.
There is no support for a 5G carrier (we expect it to come in 2020) and none of the reverse wireless charging used to charge Apple AirPods, Apple Watch and other phones on the back of the iPhone 11 – as you can with phonesand .
by making the new iPhone 11s compatible with Apple's pencil, and a USB-C port that was whispered to replace the Lightning connection.
Without a strong suite of new features to downplay buyers, Apple is working for it as it heads into the hyper-competitive festive season and 2020. Phone sales. Competitors such as Samsung, Google and Huawei continue to move forward in terms of camera tools and features. And then there is the question of 5G – iPhone users will have to wait an entire year unless Apple surprises us all with a special event before September 2020.
iPhone 11, 11 Pro and 11 Pro Maxfrom Friday, September 13 at 5 am. They arrive at the store on September 20. Apple will continue to sell the iPhone XR for $ 599, and the iPhone 8 for $ 449. You can from to the brand new . Here's how the phones .
We tried the iPhone 11 phones and here's what we think
CNET went hand in hand with the iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Max. The colors and finishes look and feel more refined – and much less like fingerprint magnets – than last year's phones, especially compared to the iPhone XR, which is the equivalent of this year's iPhone 11.
cameras and telephoto lenses have been highlighted, especially since it feels like the main difference between the iPhone 11 and the far pricier 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max. All three phones share most of the other features, at least as far as we can tell during our short hands-on time with the phone.
The newfor the front camera is fun, but not necessarily a function in any way. Still, we wouldn't be surprised if other handset makers fascinated her.
Both iPhone 11 Pro phones get a new matte finish and steel case that look stunning and feel solid. You might think of it as gravity. We think it's a little heavy. The photos do not do justice to the midnight green shadow. Forget us as fans. We are not sure that the extra charge from a regular iPhone 11 to 11 Pro is worth the finals only, but having this lens helps round out the feature set.
The trade-off between the three Pro and Pro Max lenses feels seamless, and the new "Haptic Touch" feedback that Apple uses instead of 3D Touch is pretty easy to refer to on the new sharp display – just hold your finger.
Rear Cameras: Wide, Ultra Wide, Phone
iPhone 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max are connected to the camera. Competitors are no stranger to the three-camera system (or even four!), But it marks the first time Apple has paired a wide-angle lens with both its phone and ultra-wide-angle sensors.
We're developing a deep dive for you soon, but what you really need to know is that Apple wants to make it easy to switch from a basic 12MP camera lens to a 13MP ultra-wide angle lens to a 12MP the phone sensor that you make from the main camera screen.
Using this type of system on other phones, such as theand for example, it can really make photos more atmospheric or striking – especially landscape photos – when made with ultra-wide lenses. Apple says it will fit four times the amount of decoration than the main camera.
On the flip side, a camera can differentiate between taking your photo or not when you're too far away to really see the face or detail you're trying to capture because you're just too far away. A concert, a cornice of a historic building, a celebrity behind a velvet rope. That kind of thing. Apple says it will provide a total 4x optical zoom through its camera system, though the telephoto lens is designed for 2x optical zoom.
Specialized night mode is another thing that becomes a major feature in premium phones. It aims to make the details brighter and reduce noise in dimly lit conditions.
But the most interesting feature we won't see at launch of the iPhone 11 (it will come on all three phones) iswhich takes the best features out of nine different images that the iPhone automatically takes . It uses machine learning to combine these different shots in a second, then serves up a compilation of sharper details than you would have received if you had taken them yourself. That's the theory, anyway.
The last feature we can't wait to try is a slow motion video for the front camera, but maybe it's just so we can say that we made a "". We are not sure if we will love to hate him or hate to love him, but yes, one of them.
New specifications for iPhone 11 Pro and Pro Max
- Two screen sizes: 5.8- and 6.5-inch OLED displays (both 458 ppi pixel density)
- Super Retina XDR display supports HDR 10 with Dolby Vision (and Dolby Atmos sound)
- Phone case: textured matte finish
- 64GB, 256GB, 512GB storage capacity
- Three 4x optical zoom rear cameras: Wide, ultra-wide-angle telephoto lenses (OIS for broad and telephony)  An upcoming camera feature called compiles nine images to reduce noise and enhance detail  4 hours more battery life (Pro) and 5 hours longer battery life (Pro Max) compared to last year models  Faster unlock of face ID
- Wi-Fi support 6, but no 5G
- 4K video for both front and rear cameras, slow-motion selfie camera (also known as " ")
- New portrait lighting effect: monochrome
- Fast Charge Adapter  Colors: Midnight Green, Space Gray, Silver, Gold
- iPhone 11 Pro $ 999 or $ 25 per month ($ 1,049, AU $ 1,749) eyewear
- iPhone 11 Pro Max starts at $ 1,099 or $ 29 per month (1,149 pounds, AU $ 1,899)
What's New in iPhone 11
- Six Colors: Black, White, Yellow, Green, Product Red
- A13 Bionic Chip
- 64GB, 128GB, 512GB Storage Capacity  More battery life compared to iPhone XR
- Faster unlock of face ID
- Support for Wi-Fi 6 but not 5G
- Two-chamber 12MP system: Wide and ultra-wide (touch-screen switch)
- Camera night mode
- 2x optical zoom
- New portrait lighting in monochrome
- 12MP front in-line camera (up to 7 megapixels)
- 4K front and rear camera video with slow motion selfie camera video
- iOS 13
- Starts at $ 699 or $ 17 per month (£ 729, AU $ 1,199)  Will iPhone 11 Pro and Pro Max boost Apple iPhone or excite flag? Stay tuned as we weigh Apple's message and keep on hand when we see the new Apple iPhones after the event.
Scott Stein contributed to this story, which is updated throughout the day.