Jeremy Corbin will say Britain faces Brexit "crisis" later and will promise to do "everything" to stop Britain from leaving the EU without a deal.
The Labor leader will say that the Tory Party has "failed our country" and the general election is "a change in the direction the country needs".
It comes after a leaking government report warned of food and drug shortages in
Cabinet Secretary Michael Gove said it outlined "the worst case scenario".
Mr Gove, who was responsible for off-the-shelf preparation, stated that an intergovernmental study codenamed Operation Yulthammer was old and that Brexit planning had accelerated since Boris Johnson became prime minister.
Source # 1
But former head of civil service Lord Kersleak – who described the document as "credible" – said the dossier "reveals the magnitude of the risks we face."
In his speech later, Mr Corbin will say that the Tories "have run into the hard right under Boris Johnson", calling him "the British Trump".
"The general election triggered by the Tory Brexit crisis will be a crossroad for our country. This will be a chance for a generation to make a real change in direction, potentially in the scale of 1945 or 1979," he will say.
"Labor believes the solution to the Brexit crisis must go back to the people."
Last week, Mr Corbin called on leaders of other opposition parties and Tory rebels to install him as guardian for the prime minister. to stop Brexit without a deal.
He said if he won the vote if he had no confidence in the government that he would delay Brexit, he would call early elections and campaign for another referendum.
Liberal Democrat leader Joe Swinson labeled Mr Corbin a "divisive" before proposing Tory MP Ken Clarke or former Labor leader Harriet Harman to do a better job.
Conservative Party Chairman James Umerli said that Mr Corbin offers more "hesitation and delay,"
"This is a cynical attempt to seize power from a person who would destroy the economy, be soft on crime and not
"Only Boris Johnson and the Conservatives can provide the leadership that the UK needs and deliver Brexit by October 31, whatever happens," he said.
Mr Johnson traveled to France and Germany to meet with EU leaders later this week.
Ex. the emir will insist that there should be a new deal for Brexit when he talks with German Chancellor Angela Merkel and French President Emmanuel Macron.
The leaked file said that leaving the EU without a deal could lead to:
- Fresh food becoming less available and prices rising
- Hard Irish border after plans to avoid checks fail, sparking protests
- Fuel becomes less available and 2,000 jobs are lost if the government sets gas import rates at 0%, potentially closing two oil refineries
- Patients in the United Kingdom should wait longer for medicines, incl insulin and flu vaccines
- Increase in community disorder and community tensions resulting from food and drug shortages
- Passengers delay at EU airports, Eurotunnel and Dover
- Port cargo collapse continues to three months caused by customs checks before traffic improves to 50-70% of the current rate.