Joss Whedon continues to inhabit his new world of nasty, supernatural Victorian women. (Yes, you read that right.)
The Nevers new series coming to HBO is described as "an epic sci-fi drama about a gang of Victorian women who find themselves with unusual abilities, relentless enemies and mission, that can change the world. "
As previously reported, the stars of Outlander are Laura Donnelly as Amalia True," the most reckless, impulsive and emotionally damaged character of her time. Threatening in suffocating Victorian society, she would die for cause and kill for drink. "
HBO on Tuesday revealed 12 new additions to the cast, complemented by their official descriptions of the characters. Let's see who joins Amalia in the world of The Disbelievers :
* Olivia Williams ( Counterpart ) in the role of Lavinia Bidlow, "rich spindle and champion" of the "Dokko." Lavinia finances the orphanage ̵
* James Norton ( McMafia ) as Hugo Swan," a pansexual boy whose charm is about five years leased. He runs a secret club and a blackmail side trade. He is dedicated to delivering the worst impression on everyone – and fascinated by the touch. "
* Tom Riley ( Da Vinci's Demons ) as August" Aggie "Bydlow, a" sweet, disarming nerve and younger than Lavinia "brother. An avid ornithologist, Aggie is happy to let her older sister take the reins of family wealth. He finds the touch obscene, but is drawn to them by his growing intuition with Miss Adair and by the schemes of his fearsome best friend Hugo. "
* Anne Skelly ( Vikings ) in the role of Repentance Adair," Amalia's dearest friend and one of the first women to join her cause. Godly – yet an aggressively progressive – Irish girl, Repentance is a genius for invention. She is delighted with her power, and by default is love and acceptance. But it is rigid in its moral sense and will be guided by what is right in relation to what is appropriate each time. ”
* Ben Chaplin ( Cinderella ) as Detective Frank Mundy. "Big, rude, and deeply moral, Detective Mundy doesn't trust anyone, at least himself: his reputation for sudden violence (and excessive drinking) is not unjustified. Frank finds himself caught between the powerful who ignore the laws of the earth and the newcomers who ignore the laws of physics. ”
* Pip Torrence ( Polark ) as Lord Massen. "Exceptional, indescribable and ruthless in his defense of the British Empire, this former general, now Pere, may be the only person who clearly sees the devastation these few strange people can break the established order – which he will protect in one way or another. another. "
* Zachary Momoh ( Harriet ) as Dr. Horatio Koons," one of the few successful doctors in the West Indies in London. Married to a young son, Horatio's happiness took a dark turn when he met Amalia and discovered her own abilities. He now works with her and the Beggar King, those who are not interested in who is or is not "different."
* Amy Manson ( Once Upon a Time ) as Young. "Engaged by her husband (and indeed unstable), she is distorted by a power she cannot understand and is tormented by doctors who intend to find their source. Now she lives underground, runs a gang and is a scandalous killer. She is affected by the theatrical parody of the Beil cry, but crazy as it is, she is a woman of some purpose. ”
* Nick Frost ( Into the Badlands ) as Declan Orrun, also known as the Beggar King. "Charismatic and brutal, Declan manages – or has part of – most of the city's low-level criminal activities. He is completely happy to help Amalia and her cause and just as happy to sell them. He supports the winners, and the Touch is a long shot. ”
* Rochelle Neal ( Episodes ) as Annie Carby, also known as Bonfire. "Annie is a career criminal who has the ability to control the fire and is happy to hire it. She came out rude, stayed that way, but she's neither impulsive nor cruel – she just takes care of herself. No matter who he works with or for, Annie only trusts Annie and the fire. ”
* Eleanor Tomlinson ( The White Queen ) as Mary Brighton. "Gentle but surprisingly resilient, Mary pursues her dream of singing on stage. A disappointing career and a broken commitment did not diminish her spirit. She will be great. She will be very surprised how. "
* Denise O Hare ( True Blood ) as Dr. Edmund Hague," a gifted American surgeon. He uses his skills in the coldest and most brutal way possible – but all in the name of progress! ”
Whedon will serve as showrunner, executive producer, writer and director. Additional EPs include Doug Petrie and Jane Espenson (both in writing), and Bernie Cowfield (unwritten).
What are your thoughts on The disbelievers so far? Post them in the comment section below.