Good morning and welcome to Fox News First. Here̵
Kamala Harris’ diplomatic trip to Latin America begins unevenly when the plane is forced to turn
Vice President Kamala Harris’s diplomatic trip to Guatemala and Mexico began unevenly on Sunday after her plane was forced to return to Andrews United Base in Maryland about 25 minutes after takeoff.
The Air Force two landed safely. Spokesman Simon Sanders told reporters that the plane had returned due to a “technical problem” and said there were no major safety concerns.
“I’m fine, I’m fine,” Harris told reporters after getting off the plane. “We all said a little prayer, but we’re good.”
Harris later arrived in the Guatemalan capital, where she was welcomed by Guatemalan Foreign Minister Pedro Brolo.
A video shared by Sanders on Twitter shows the vice president and Brolo waving to the crowd upon arrival.
Harris’s two-day trip to Central America – her first trip abroad as vice president – is part of her efforts to conduct diplomatic talks to address what the administration describes as the “root causes” of the southern border crisis.
President Joe Biden appointed Harris to lead diplomatic work in March, just as the administration was dealing with a huge influx of border migration. CLICK HERE FOR MORE OF OUR TOP HISTORY.
In other developments:
– Visit to Kamala Harris in Mexico, Guatemala: Everything you need to know
– Harris to make anti-corruption efforts “in front of and center” on visit to Guatemala, Mexico
– Harris announces business investment in Central America as part of a migrant strategy
– Mayorkas defends tackling migrant crisis, claims “border is closed” amid criticism of civil society
A former professor insults a New York psychiatrist who speaks of the shooting of white people as “unfit to practice medicine.”
Former Princeton professor Dr. Carol Swain argued during Fox & Friends Weekend on Sunday that a New York psychiatrist who told Yale Medical School audience she had fantasies of “unloading a revolver in her head to every white man “who has received in her way is” unfit to practice medicine. “
“He shouldn’t practice medicine,” Swain told host Lawrence Jones. “What she says matters.”
“There are lunatics who can listen to her speech right now, who will come out and act according to her imagination,” Swain explained. “She planted that in someone’s mind.”
Dr. Aruna Hilanani made remarks at the Ivy League Institute’s Children’s Research Center on April 6, adding that he would leave the shooting “with a rebound in my footsteps” and that white people “make my blood boil” and have come out of their minds and have been around for a long time, “the New York Post reported. Audio from the conversation was posted on the online platform of former New York Times writer and editor Barry Weiss on Friday.
“This statement should have put an end to this doctor’s career because she is unfit to practice medicine,” Swain said on Sunday.
“It’s ridiculous, it’s unprofessional, it’s un-American, it’s probably illegal. If not, it should be,” she added.
Hilanani did not respond to Fox News’s request for comment. CLICK HERE FOR MORE.
In other developments:
– New York shrinks tells Yale audience that he fantasizes about shooting white people in the head
– Mom struggles with anti-white training in her daughter’s kindergarten class: “They reduce everything” to skin color
Shooting in California: 2 arrested in shooting with rage from death of 6-year-old child, report
Two suspects were arrested Sunday in connection with the death of rabies from driving a 6-year-old child taken to school by his mother last month, Fox 11 reported in Los Angeles, citing law enforcement sources.
The station identified the suspects as Eriz Marcus Anthony, 24, and Lee Win, 23. The report said they had been arrested at their homes in Costa Mesa and were expected to be charged with murder. The California Highway Patrol did not respond to an email from Fox News.
The death on May 21 of Ayden Leos, 6, while his mother was driving him to school on North Highway 55 in Orange, engulfed the county and the prize for information reached $ 500,000. Joanna Clounan, the boy’s mother, said she was cut off by a couple in a white Volkswagen. She said she heard a loud noise, and her son, who was behind her, said, “Wow.”
He was shot. She pulled away as soon as possible. He called 911 and did everything he could to save him, but he was losing a lot of blood.
He was rushed to Orange County Children’s Hospital, where he was pronounced dead. CLICK HERE FOR MORE.
In other developments:
– A 6-year-old boy shot dead in California on his way to school in an apparent road rage accident
– Shooting with Aiden Leos: Image of a suspected vehicle in a road rage murder published as a California prosecutor issues a warning
– Prize for suspected rabies shooting of a 6-year-old child from California up to $ 450,000
Click here to get the FOX NEWS app
TODAY MUST READ:
– In an interview written as an “outburst”, CNN’s Stelter asks Jen Psaki to tell him what the media is “confusing”
– A woman arrested in Texas posing as a 13-year-old daughter to prove her right to shoot at school
– The man from Florida throws a baby at MPs after a high-speed chase
“Cursed science shows that COVID-19 was probably created in a laboratory: experts.”
– Megan Markle, Prince Harry say they were “blessed” with the birth of their daughter
“Mayweather, Paul’s exhibition battle is a long way off.”
THE LAST OF THE FOX BUSINESS:
– AT&T, Verizon release free iPhones for long-term customers
“Yellen says higher interest rates would be a plus for the United States.”
“Biden’s energy secretary is making a shocking acknowledgment of American power grids.”
– Colonial pipeline, GameStop hot seats provide a wild week on Wall Street
– Elon Musk presses brakes in the production of Tesla Model S Plaid +
– Australian security guard expands Crown casino probe, adds SkyCity, owned by NZ
#TheFlashback: PRESS HERE to find out what happened on “This Day in History.”
SOME SEPARATE WORDS
Mark Levin discussed what happens when district and city attorneys use their powers to push their personal political agendas into Sunday’s Life, Liberty & Levin.
“We are proud of this nation that we are a state with laws,” Levin said. “We have something called due process – we have all kinds of systems to protect the individual. His powers to advance the political agenda? Politicians dressed as prosecutors. And what happens when a person – a prominent person – is focused on a goal by an entire political party, including their prosecutors? Is that what we want in America? “
Not registered for Fox News First yet? Click here to find out what you are missing.
Fox News’ Go to the watch page is now available, providing visitors with options for pay-TV providers in their area carrying the Fox News Channel and Fox Business Network.
Fox News First was compiled by Jack Durschlag of Fox News. Thank you for making our first choice in the morning! See you in your inbox first on Tuesday.