Welp, the trumpet dream is over.
And while it would be great for the Dolphins to sign a playmaker like Le’Veon Bell, he eventually chose to go to Kansas City with a one-year deal. I can’t blame Bell for this decision. Like I can’t blame the Dolphins for being interested.
After Twitter broke down and the world was left wondering, “Is this the end?” Adam Schefter went to Instagram to tell the world about Bell’s decision.
While Twitter sleeps: Jets’ former Rets Le̵7;Veon Bell has signed a one-year deal with Kansas City bosses, an ESPN league source said. Bell wanted to win the Super Bowl and believes Kansas City is the place to try.
– Adam Shecheter (@AdamSchefter) October 15, 2020
After all, Miami was one of Bell’s last two choices. And whether you believe the interest was real or not, the Dolphins are not the same team they once were. Or are they? We have seen again and again that this team chases players or coaches just to be disappointed.
The bridesmaid, some might say.
Here is a nice list compiled by The Phinsider’s own Keith Beebe.
While we wait for Bell news, a list of my favorite events for dolphin-fans-waiting-news:
1. Private jet Jim Harbaugh / Ross
2. Jeff Fisher watch
3. Dwayne Bowe watches the Pt. 1
4. Matt Flynn watch
5. Watch Dwayne Bowe Pt. 2
6. Kelly chip chip
7. Mike Nolan watch
– Keith Beebe (@KeefDolfan) October 15, 2020
I’m not going to sit here and tell you it’s not bad because it is.
Maybe Bell is a disappointment, as we saw in New York. But I believe he is somewhere between the player who was in Pittsburgh and his last few seasons in New York. And to add that type of player to Miami’s already explosive offensive would be fun to see.
But now we are wiping our shoulders and realizing a few things.
- Chan Gailey’s violation averaged 27.2 points per game. (14th in the NFL)
- There is a good chance that a running room will be set up, which prohibits last-minute trading or the sale of fire from a franchise.
Miles Gaskin is still far, far away from Miami in RB № 1. (Check out the photos) So, does that mean you have to adapt to Fantasy or realize that this is our man, LFG.
- Miami continues to seek to reverse the list. And despite what some believe, this team will not leave a stone unturned in search of potential talent.
Jordan Howard’s days in Miami can be counted. And I wouldn’t have a problem exchanging Howard with Le’Veon Bell. But again, that’s what it is.
- The Dolphins need to find ways to get Matt Braida’s football. I REPEAT! The Dolphins need to find ways to get Matt Braida’s football. His skill set may be similar to Gaskin’s, but he is a playmaker. And playmakers need football.
- Finally, many of us believed that the Dolphins would draft a project in 2020. This did not happen, but it looks like Miami is safe or will draw a RB in the future. EARLY. Or sign one of the superstar free agents in 2021.
Speaking of Miles Gaskin, I will have a film breakdown of his first six games this week on BYE. He also went to Instagram during the signing of Le’Veon Bell to remind the world (and Dolphin fans) that they are going back.
Did you miss the episode on Radio Phinsider this week? Click Play below or find us at Apple and Spotify!