The Knicks fought hard all night, but a jumper by Jason Tatum brought the Celtics a 104-102 victory on Friday. >> Box Score
Five Things You Should Know From Friday's Game …
1) After a scant first three quarters, the Celtics came in fourth with a weak lead of 75-74. As both teams went back and forth, the Celtics maintained an 84-82 lead with seven minutes to play. Later, after the Celtics came out on four points, Marcus Morris hit three clutches to bring the Knicks back within one with less than four. Then, the Bronx-born Camba Walker hit a huge threesome to turn the momentum back to the Celtics. Morris will quickly respond with a threesome of his own.
At the last minute, Morris knocked down another big threesome to tie things up at 1
2) Mitchell Robinson injures the left toe in the beginning of the third quarter when attempting a dip. The Knicks Center returned to the dressing room with the training staff, but later the team announced that the X-rays were negative for what they called left-ring tension. Robinson re-entered the game with 8:34 left in the fourth quarter. He finished the night with six points, six tackles and two blocks in 16 minutes.
3) Frank Ntilikina got his first start of the season for the knives, with the team still without Dennis Smith, Jr. and Elfrid Patton . Ntilikina hit a threesome in the first quarter for New York and also follows Marcus Smart in an attempt to break a clean block, but once again did not spend a great night firing from the floor. All told, Ntilikina was good with 10 points on 4-of-9 shooting, with three tackles and two assists.
4) With Robinson picking up his finger, the Knicks relied on Bobby Portis to give them some reliable minutes in the center and Portis had a solid game against The Celtics. After 20 minutes, Portis entered with 13 points and 7 rebounds.
5) RJ Barrett ended his night with double digits again, but the third overall choice was not his most effective night off the floor. The Southern Paw only shoots 5 of 17 from the floor, including 1 of 4 from beyond the arc. However, he was 4-of-6 on the free throw line but showed improvement in that area
– NOYORN NOTES (@nyknicks) November 1, 2019
RJ hit it with the euro ☝️ pic.twitter.com/ekfZettrP7
– NEW YORK LISTENING [19n9011] ] November 2, 2019
Wayne 🤝 Bobby pic.twitter.com/aQgl2lTT6N
– NEYORN FOOT (@nyknicks) November 2, 2019
Hard finish by 19659017] pic.twitter.com/YzQR5ZgqCv
– @NYKNICKS November 2, 2019
Defense 👉 attack real fast pic.twitter.com/zEgGqAZB6n  – NEW YORK NOKY (@nyknicks) November 2, 2019
The Knicks return home for Sunday's game with the Sacramento Kings. Both teams will carry things from Madison Square Garden at 6:00 PM