LINCOLN, Neb. (KOLN) – The Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department (LLCHD) announced on Tuesday that four more people have died from COVID-19. The deaths involved three men in their 60s – two who were hospitalized, one in a long-term care facility and another 70-year-old man who died at home. The total number of deaths in Lancaster County is 185.
LLCHD reported 121 laboratory-confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Lancaster County on Tuesday and 70 additional cases on Monday, with a total community of 25,492.
Recovery: up from 8,835 to 8,969
Weekly positivity rate:
- January 10-16: 28.5 percent
- January 17 to 19: out of stock
Hospitalizations for positive patients with COVID-19: 116 with 79 from Lancaster County (five per fan) and 37 from other communities (three per fan).
The digital dial COVID-19 has an increased orange, which indicates a high risk of spreading the virus. Residents are advised to follow these recommendations to protect themselves and others:
- Wear a face mask and stay at least six feet away when interacting with someone outside your household.
- Work from home if possible.
- Individual outdoor activities are preferred.
- Small gatherings and events with modifications only (ie physical distancing, face masks, capacity limitations, etc.).
- Avoid large gatherings.
- Visit RecoverLNK.com for information on how local companies take precautions to protect employees and customers.
- Follow the travel directions from the Cdc.gov Centers for Disease Control.
Symptoms of COVID-19 include fever, cough, shortness of breath, repeated shaking with chills, recurrent muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell. If you have symptoms, please get tested. Testing is now open to all Lancaster residents by appointment only.
The testing process begins with a free online risk assessment available at BryanHealth.com, CHIHealth.com or TestNebraska.com. Driving through test sites includes:
- Brian Health: Former Graham tire shop, northeast corner of 19th Street “O”. The tests are held from 8:45 to 11:15 on Mondays and from 8:45 to 11:45 from Tuesday to Saturday.
- CHI Health St. Elizabeth: Family Medicine at Autumn Ridge, 5000 North 26th St. and Southwest Family Health, 1240 Aries Drive. Call any site to make an appointment: Autumn Ridge, 402-435-5300 and South West Family, 402-420-1300.
- Test Nebraska: Gateway Mall, 6100 “O” St., the north parking lot of the former Sears store. The tests take place from 8 am to noon and from 1 pm to 6 pm from Monday to Saturday. For more information call 402-207-9377.
For more information visit COVID19.lincoln.ne.gov or call the health department’s hotline 402-441-8006.
Copyright 2021 KOLN. All rights reserved.