Customizing your iPhone screen isas this is a huge change for iPhone users, who are now able to experiment with their home screens in new ways – without rooting the device or running skins and launchers. Read on for two ways to customize your iPhone screen using the widget app.
How to change the way your apps look on iPhone
The new update of iOS 14 finally allows you to customize the applications to your liking. This is how.
1. Open the Shortcuts app on your iPhone (already pre-installed).
2. Tap the plus icon in the upper right corner.
3. Choose Add action.
4. In the search bar, type Open the application and select Open the application ap.
5. Tap Choose and select the application you want to customize. For example, Facebook, Spotify or the Messages app.
6. Tap the three points in the upper right corner. From here, name a shortcut and tap Add to home screen.
7. Where it says Name and icon on the Home screen, rename the shortcut to whatever you want.
8. Then go to the Safari app to find a new icon image. You can look for something like the aesthetics of the Facebook icon. When you find an image you like, save it in your photos.
9. Return to the shortcut app and tap the current icon. Choose Select Photo and touch the image you just saved. You can enlarge or reduce the image. Tap Choose.
10. Tap Add.
You now have custom applications on your phone. The original applications will remain in the phone, but you can save them in a folder.
Change the way the iPhone home screen looks
You no longer need to browse rows of apps on your iPhone. Here’s how to change the look of the home screen using an app.
1. Download the Widgetsmith app on your iPhone.
2. In the app, select the size of the gadget you want to customize – your options are small, medium and large.
3. Touch the gadget to customize it. You can change the font and colors. Tap Save when you’re done.
4. Go to the home screen and hold and tap an application. Tap Edit home screen.
5. Tap the plus icon in the upper left corner and look for Widgetsmith. Tap the icon.
6. Select the size of the gadget you want to add to the home screen and tap Add a gadget.
7. You can change the gadget by tapping the application and selecting Edit gadget. That is all! Your home screen now has icons of different sizes for a custom look.
Note that you can currently customize only the following applications: Time (with premium subscription), Calendar, World Time, Reminders, Health, Astronomy, Tides (with premium subscription), and Photos.
Want to learn more about the new iOS 14 update? Take a look(the new widget on your iPhone) and . Also, take a look at them .