قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ Health https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ Man in UK goes blind in the right eye after showering with contact lenses on, Health News

Man in UK goes blind in the right eye after showering with contact lenses on, Health News



Do you take the shower while wearing contact lenses?

What Nick Humphreys, 29, thought was a scratch

What Nick Humphreys, 29, thought was a scratch on his right eye in Jan 2018 turned out to be something worse.

Using the eye drops and dimming electronic devices' screens did not improve his condition, so he went to see an optician. ankle ulcer on his eye and he would go to a hospital immediately

Doctors there diagnosed him with acanthamoeba keratitis and corneal infection caused by parasites in contaminated water.

Our fantastic Fight for Sight supporter, Nick Humphreys, is raising awareness of the need for a good contact lens care and clearer information on the lens contact lens, after losing his sight in a single eye to Acanthamoeba keratitis: https://t.co/ooUYXWlyYF #ContactLenses #AK

̵

1; Fight for Sight (@fightforsightUK) July 9, 2019

eye drops for the next few weeks, he suddenly lost sight in his right eye in March 2018.

His infection eventually cleared up, and he has undergone two procedures on his eye.

Humphreys is also working with charity Fight for Sight to raise awareness of the potential dangers of wearing contact lenses in the shower

He said, "If I get my eyes back I will never wear contacts again. "

CONTACT LENS MISTAKES MAY COST YOU YOUR SIGHT

Optometrists often warn that contact lenses have medical devices that would be worn with care. (19659002) lamminlee@asiaone.com

news POST

19659021]


Source link